Monday, January 16, 2006

Early outs

It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to leave work just a few minutes early. It was slow this afternoon, so I ducked out about 45 minutes earlier than normal. I really should do this more often. I mean, 45 minutes doesn't sound like all that much, but because of the lighter traffic at that time, I was able to get home in under half an hour, and the sun is still out!

It's sort of refreshing to be home before the sun sets. I mean, I drop J off in the morning before sunrise, and usually don't get home until after dark. It makes the days seem impossibly long. Just getting to see daylight had sone wonders for my attitude today. And that's a good thing since I'm putting in an extra shift tomorrow.

Today is my nephew's birthday. He's seven. Good lord... seven. He's not a little boy anymore. And he's always been so good to Jonas, but the reality is, soon he's not going to want anything to do with him. There's just too much of an age disparity there. I mean, he'll always be a good cousin to him, but the days of playing together are pretty much gone.

His party was yesterday. Nearly 30 kids running around in my parents backyard. It was total chaos, but it went pretty well. Only one busted lip and very few arguments amongst them. They all seemed to have a good time, which goes to prove that you don't have to spend an absolute fortune to have a good birthday party for your kid. Of course, after it was all said and done Wil and I agreed that Jonas isn't allowed to have that many friends! Ten or twelve seems manageable, I think.

In other news, my dad's having an MRI today. We joke that they're just looking to make sure he still has a brain, but the reality is that the doctors are concerned that he may have a tumor in his brain. And although my family is the type to act as if everything is peachy, I find it downright scary that it's even a suspicion. I'm anxiously awaiting a phonecall to tell me that it's all a load of crap and that he's perfectly normal. But that call hasn't come yet, and it's 5:40 in the evening. That leads my over-reactive mind to think that there really IS something bad going on, or else they would have called to let me know already. Either that, or they just don't realize how on pins and needles I am to know.

So anyway, the sun is STILL out. At least for a few more minutes, and it's not too chilly outside. I think it's time to take Jonas and the dog for a little walk and kill some time while I wait (eversopatiently) for a phonecall.

Happy Monday, y'all!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger me said...

Glad you got out this weekend, Angie. Hope you're Dad's ok. Peace and hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home