Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Today

Today I am going to drop Jonas off at Granny's,and I'm going to get this bathroom thing finished! I only come here to tell you that because somehow, by telling you that I'm going to do it, I stand a better chance of actually getting it done.

I'm also going to sweep, mop, dust, and otherwise clean this house. I'm going to finally get the christmas stuff back to the shed because I'm tired of tripping over it at the front door.

And then, if I still have time, I'm going to go to the local hardware megastore and buy a new assembly for the shower, a masonry drill-bit, and have my sister stop by with her fancy drill to drill me a couple of screw-holes. Isn't it pathetic that a family of crafty people doesn't own a drill at all? And the one I borrowed aeons ago was finally returned a few months ago. Figures.

So drywall, paint, hardware, floors, christmas mess. That's my agenda. Ugh. Doesn't sound like a fun day at all.

But the results are always something to look forward to, right?

Hope y'all have a great and productive day as well. Check back later to see exactly how far I got on my list. Chances are good I'll still be sitting here in a pair of Wil's boxers and an old t-shirt grumbling about the stuff I SHOULD be doing.


*********UPDATE*************

As of 1pm I have finished filling the cracks in the drywall, have caulked the seams of the shower, have sent the christmas stuff packing to the shed. I've swept the tile, and dusted, and taken a ton of stuff out to the trash. I don't know why I hang on to some things. Like these damn diaper boxes. Sure, they're useful, but I don't think I'll be needed three of them any time soon. I'm a packrat, I can admit that.

Next on the agenda is lunch, since I'm starving, and I'm waiting on wall patch to dry before I can do anything else in the bathroom. Ok, I take that back, I COULD be in there trying to get all of the tile dust out, but a break is deserved, I think.

And in other news: I've lost my bank card. So if any of you out there should find it, please don't spend more than $50 or you'll over-draw me. Thank you very much. Now to figure out how to pay for gas without it... You mean I have to go inside and pay with cash? I don't have any of that... oh, so I have to go to the bank first and withdraw? Guess I can't do that at the ATM without my card, now can I? Damn, are we a spoiled nation, or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home