Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The life cycle of bread



Two loaves ready for the oven.



Two loaves out of the oven. One became garlic bread and eaten with spaghetti that evening. The other one sat around all lonely until it started to get stale.



But sometimes there's a diamond in the rough. That poor stale loaf became the most delicious bread pudding with bananas and cranberries. It probably would have been better with a splash or two of rum, but I wanted Jonas to be able to eat it, too.




And here it is, all served up with a warm vanilla sauce. Delicious! (shh... I had it for breakfast this morning, too.)

5 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you opted for a less phalic appearance this time.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Erin said...

lmfao@Jim

Bread pudding is nasty stuff. . . but then, I've never had it with vanilla sauce, or rum... rum makes it sound pretty damn good!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

LOL Jim. Why is it you can have a million and one successes in the kitchen, but the ONE time something turns out looking like a giant penis, you can't live it down?

Of course, there's something to be said about the way that vanilla sauce looks in the last picture. ;)

Erin, you've just never had good bread pudding. And yes, with rum, it's to die for! It's a lot like french toast, only baked all toghther, and with more sugar. What is it you don't like about it? A texture thing?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Laura said...

gargh. yum.

*drools*

Thanks Ang, I hadn't even had my coffee yet and you just "bread pudding smacked" me in the face. *grin*

looks tasty.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger me said...

Dang, I'm hungry! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home