Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bargain days

We've been shopping our little hearts out around here.

Yesterday, after work, the hubby, J and I drove up to Viera, a rather fancy little town north of here with lots of little shops that they don't have 'round these parts. We did a lot of browsing, but also a lot of buying. Nothing major, really- a new outfit for J, and a toy. Steven recently handed down all of his Rescue Heroes, and Jonas is in love with them. Unfortunately they don't seem to be so popular anymore, so when we find one of them, we usually scoop them up. We found one on the clearance aisle at Kohl's for a couple of bucks, and figured why not? Yes, we spoil him rotten, I'm aware of my weaknesses.

We also bought a few new glasses since I seem to have a tendency to break them. I don't know what it is about me and dishes, but they just don't last. I guess I should stick to the plastic variety, eh?

We also picked up a set of glasses for my sister, and a birthday present for my step-mom.

There's a new store up there that we'd never seen before. Maybe y'all have them in your neck of the woods- it's called "World Market" and they have lots of neat house stuff, along with a beer and wine section from all over the world. Neat-o. We picked up a mix-n-match six pack of some novelty beers to sit back and enjoy at our next opportunity. They also have a neat little pantry section with odds and ends that you don't see in many places. We found a bottle of hot sauce labled "Dave's Insanity". It claims to be the world's hottest and that it's great in soups, stews, and for stripping paint. Heh. I had to buy it for my dad, if nothing else but for the name, and the fact that my dad is known for his spicy cooking.

After our shopping last night we went had had dinner with Wil's parents. There's nothing better than a home cooked Abuela meal. Mmmmm... spanish food. Nothing fancy- a salad, some spanish rice and some sort of fried something or other that I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was good.

This morning we treated ourselves to Dunkin Donuts where Jonas ate almost an entire sausage, egg and cheese croissant and Wil and I had some fancy coffee. Afterwards Wil got called off to deliver some medical equipment, and J and I ran to the store to pick up birthday and anniversary cards and a few groceries.

I have a weakness for Wal-Mart, and I know better than to go there, honestly. I mean, I just can't stay away from the kid's department, and I can't seem to leave without buying SOMETHING for Jonas.

They had these really cute football jersey type shirts on clearance for three dollars. They're a lightweight mesh, with a long sleeved turtleneck shirt beneath. They were marked $3.00 each. So I picked up two in his current size and two in the next size up, figuring I'd put them away until next fall. The two in his current size he can wear now, with a wifebeater underneath instead of the long-sleeved shirt it came with. Essentially, I got eight shirts instead of four. But wait, it gets better. At the register they came up for $2 each! So, $8 for eight shirts. Cool. And they way he trashes his clothes at daycare, I won't feel bad when these make their way to the trash pile.

I also picked up some yarn to start on a baby blanket, and J insisted on a little cow puppet. Aunt Heidi bought him this barnyard book for Christmas that has a puppet attached to it, and he adores it, so it'll be nice for him to be able to play with a puppet without having to drag the book around, too. It's so cute- instead of going "Moo" he puts his hand inside the puppet and goes "Blah-blah-blah". It cracks me up.

Anyway, I've got laundry going, and knitting to work on while J's asleep. Hope y'all are having a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home