Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's Done

We finally closed on our refi this morning. I can't tell you how good it feels to have that overwith. It's not that it's been incredibly difficult in any way- just time consuming, and we let it drag along for so many months, mostly as we tried to get our bathroom project completed. So now, what to do with all this newfound money?

1. Air conditioner
2. Stucco repair
3. New paint on exterior
4. pay off all debts
5. A quick vacation to PA (yippie!)
6. Register for school- heh, I put vacation first :)
7. Car repairs
8. poss. a new computer, desk and if money allows, a new tv for the livingroom. We've been watching tv on my old 19 inch from highschool for far too long.
9. new carpet in the bedroom
10. new bedroom furniture
11. expanding the porch

With all of that I've probably already spent every penny. I guess we'll have to prioritize what things we need to do vs. what we want, like the tv and computer. Besides, with the fewer payments going out each month, we will probably be able to buy those little luxuries with the money we're saving instead of dipping into the refi money.

Anything that's left we'll sock into savings for whatever unexpected event is looming around the corner. There's always at least one, right?

Now I'm home, dying to break into this huge box sitting on my front porch. Granny and Daddy Dave bought Jonas a "Waveclimber" which is a cool climby thing with a slide for the yard. He's going to love it! Of course, this adds to my project list- we're going to create a play area in the yard, and re-vamp all of the landscaping (or lack there-of) Jeez, give me money for five minutes and I've already spent every penny. It's a good thing I have a cheap ass husband around to strike some sort of balance.

Anyway, I can't put together the thing with Jonas around. I mean, he'd love to help, but I have a feeling we wouldn't be very productive. So it'll have to wait until the weekend when Granny can watch him for a few hours. Tonight I want to go out and celebrate with a dinner that I didn't have to cook. We'll have to wait and see what time Wil finally gets out of work.

And that's the report from this little corner of the world.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger me said...

Awesome, Angie! Glad you have an agenda and hope you accomplish all that! Heck, you already done a lot if I'm remembering correctly! All my best to you and yours! hugs!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we've got you beat. We're watching a little crappy 14" TV. It's okay though, we really shouldn't be watching TV anyway.

Don't forget to indulge a little - a nice meal at a place where you'll need a babysitter, or a little shopping spree :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home