Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday stuff

Nothing happening right now, really. Worked a short shift this morning. It was a rather mild Saturday at work. They tend to be that way- either incredible mild, or hellacious. I was thankful for an easy one.

Jonas spent the morning with Granny and Daddy Dave. He adores them, and their dog, Kelli. We spent about an hour, after I got back from work, in the front yard watching Daddy Dave and Uncle Daryl work on the old MG-B. They got it running, at least enough to go up and down the street. That's the most that little car's done in years. Jonas delighted in the backfiring engine. He's so totally in love with cars right now, anyway, and the little MG looks like it's just his size. At least he thinks so. I suppose it'll still be a few years before he gets to sit behind the wheel. :)

Home now and doing laundry. Gearing up for another week of work. They seem to be longer and longer. I know it's just my anticipation of quitting that makes them feel that way, but it makes it so hard! That and the fact that I'm thoroughly disgusted with J's daycare.

I've been calling around, looking for a new place. We're going to drop in for a visit on a few of them Tuesday, I think. One of them sounds very promising, but talk is cheap on the phone. It's also about twice as much as what we're paying right now, but I suppose you have to figure you get what you pay for, eh? Still, it's hard to shell out $400 a month for part-time daycare. I can't imagine how most people do it. I mean, we're not exactly rolling in the dough here, but we're comfortable, and still struggling with the cost. I mean, at $400 a month, that's almost an entire bi-weekly paycheck of mine. Imagine having to live on what's leftover!

So I guess the point is, I feel rather fortunate about the fact that I can even consider sending my son to a place that costs that much. But I also think that it's a shame that not all children have that luxury and so many of them are left in sub-standard care, simply because it's the best their working parents can do.

I know this is probably a rather boring read, but I just sort of felt like I needed to check in here. Haven't posted anything in a while. I'll leave you on a cute note.

Last night Jonas was playing with a guitar. He was holding it upright like you would a bass, and was fiddling with the tuning pegs. I asked him what he had, and he looked at the pegs intently, studied them, then walked over to Dad, stuck a finger in his ear, and exclaimed "Ear!"
"Yes, that's an ear, but what are those?" I asked again. He looked at me like I was a big dummy, pointed to the pegs, and said "Ears!" Too cute. Yes, I suppose when you hold a guitar up like that, they do sort of look like ears, don't they?

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger me said...

Inference at such a young age? He'll either be the next Einstein or the next Carlos Santana. ;-) Hi and hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home