Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lucky them, lucky me.

My sister and her boyfriend, in the past two days, have won over $800 in scratch-off lotto tickets. I never get that lucky. The most I've ever won is a free ticket. I'm happy for them. They went directly and paid their rent and utilities with the money so that they have their paychecks this week as extra spending cash and no worries.

I was talking with her about my house repairs and how ready I am to get everything started. You see, she does screen rooms for a living and her and Randy, her boyfriend are going to build my porch once we get the necessary stuff done. They're anxious to get started, but I told her that it'd probably be a while before I could do it. She asked what all I needed to get done first, and as I went down the list, she knew a person in each trade and started making phone calls.

She even knows two different a/c guys, and hopefully one of them will be able to give me a decent estimate. So lucky me- having a sister in the construction business who has contacts on every level. Knowing someone will probably be quite a financial windfall for us, saving hundreds, if not thousands. So in essence, my sister won the lottery, but so did I just by being her sister. So thank you Sees, for being my Sees-- as if you had any say in it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home