Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Power napping

My son has been napping for over three hours now. I'm tempted to wake him, just to try and keep him on some sort of schedule, but I suppose he's making up for the time change. It's thrown us for a loop the past few days.

We woke up late yesterday, making the usual morning chaos even more of a nightmare. Our morning commute usually takes between 45 minutes and an hour. I managed to get us both dressed, somewhat fed, in the car and across town in 58 minutes, making myself only about 15 minutes late for work. Not bad- but it made for a rough morning. My kid likes routine. If he wakes up late on a work/school day he's out of sorts for the rest of the day, and incredibly fussy when I drop him off. He'd rather wake up earlier so that he can have a little mommy time.

***************************************************************************************

As I typed that, the dorbell rang and woke him up. It was the mailman delivering his Weebleville Town Center. I was going to save it for his birthday, but I'm no good at surprises, and besides, it was a rather large box. (Yeah, I'm rationalizing) He's absolutely in love with the Weebles right now. So he's got a new goodie to play with, and I've got that much less livingroom space. I've really got to make it a priority to start weeding through his toys. I could probably get rid of at least half of them, but I'm such a damn packrat!

In other news, we had a guy out to do an estimate on our a/c replacement this morning. I'm thinking it's not a good figure when the guy asks if he can email you the estimate.

Wil's at the doctor's office with his Mom. It's her 71st birthday and she's not feeling well. Some tests came back with some concerning results, so they're running further tests to try and figure it out. Looks like I'm retiring just in time. I don't know if she'll feel up to watching J-man much longer. He's not the easiest kid in the world.

This morning we had a cement slab nextdoor. Now the exterior walls are nearly complete. It baffles me how quickly they can throw a house together. Looks like the new neighbor's bathroom window is directly across from my livingroom. Just what I've always wanted, to sit on my sofa and watch someone take a crap. I think that a fence might just be in the stars for us. Either that or a rather tall hedge.

Wil's taking vacation this week to try and get a grasp on the yardwork and some other stuff. We'll see how far he gets. He's the master of big talk and no follow-through. I'm hesitant to believe that there's going to be any improvements done this week. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not going to sit here and hold my breath.

And finally, the shawl is almost done. I have about five more rows of stitches to complete and it'll be done. Good riddance. It's a beautiful pattern and all, but man am I sick of it and ready to move on to something else! I'm just totally burnt out on the ten row repeat and the ever-growing size of it, and the fact that it's becoming less and less portable now that it's so big. I mean, yeah, I can stuff it in a bag and take it with me, but I find myself hesitant to drag it out and work on it in the spare minutes here and there because doing 50 or 60 sitches here and there is just a pain in the butt. I have this thing where I feel like I HAVE to finish a row if I'm going to start it. So it sits there, taunting me.

Ok, so I'm going to go play Weebles with my son and see if he'll take a break long enough to eat something. It's a wonder he doesnt' blow away with as little as he eats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home