Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A new bed for J-man

In preparation for our upcoming trip to Barnhenge I bought J a travel bed today. He absolutely adores it!



It actually serves two purposes, or three. You see, he still naps in his playpen in the livingroom during the afternoon, and he's starting to outgrow it. Without the a/c it's too hot to nap in his room, but we should have a/c again in the next couple of weeks. With the a/c we'll also be ready for him to start sleeping in his own room at night. So, with this new and cool "big boy Sponge Bob bed" we solve the problem of the outgrown and too bulky to put away and drag out easily playpen, and we also start the process of getting him to like being in his very own bed. Hopefully this will make the big switch to his own room a little easier. Or maybe I'm just snowing myself, but either way, the blow-up bed is super cool!

We also bought some new jammies and easter goodies, including this crude little wind-up bunny that walks and "poops" jellybeans. Just crude enough for me to love! It'll be Steven's goodie, and I'm sure his momma will thank me for it. I'm such a bad Aunt. Hee hee.

Not much else going on. I'm finally to the point where I'm binding off my shawl. Hey! Maybe I'll finish in time for it to be an Easter gift for the mom in law, since I missed her birthday by a few weeks. At this point I'm just hoping that I have enough yarn to finish! I didn't take into account the fact that the bound off edge would require so many stitches when I bought my yarn, and I'm sure I wouldn't get lucky enough to go back and find the same dyelot if I needed a little extra. I think I'm going to make it, but It's going to be close. I guess I'll know soon enough.

Once I'm done with it, I'm going to get started on a baby blanket for a friend. Yes, I'm just sadistic enough to start on another large project. Of course, it won't be nearly as pattern intensive as the candle-flame was, and should go much faster.

Anyway, it's after 7. I need to get J fed, in the tub, into jammies, and settled in for the evening.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger westcoastmama said...

oh...he looks so comfy. Sponge Bob is so cool. Show us a pic of the shawl when it's finished. It sounds beautiful.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Laura said...

wow

Doug will have to deal with me begging for one of those sponge bob beds now for a while.... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home