Monday, July 10, 2006

Need... more...coffee...

We woke this morning to the sound of two pit bulls attempting to maul a kitten outside our bedroom window. Nice.

I'm not a doggie racist- as a matter of fact, I find pits to be some of the friendliest dogs in the world and have been bitten by more chihuahuas, but no responsible owner should--or would--leave their two pits in any place where there was potential for escape. Any other person who came across them running loose would have likely shot them.

Of course, the commotion woke Jonas, who was terrified by the noise and the fact that Mocha was all wound up and pacing and barking and whining. So, Wil went out to rescue the kitten and chase the dogs off, and in doing so, left the front door open. Mocha followed him, and then there was one frightened kitten, two pit bulls and a chow mix scuffling in the yard. Super.

The pits turned out to be more bark than bite, and were actually very playful with both Wil and Mocha, and the kitten was no worse for the wear. A little scared, but not injured in any way. One of the pits got a nasty scratch to the nose, but that's what he gets for being a pain in the ass.

Wil chased Mocha back into the house, chased the two strays down the road, and we all settled back into bed just as the sun started to lighten the sky a little. Time? 5:24 am. Ugh. Jonas was wide awake and ready to play. I couldn't say the same for myself.

We layed in bed and watch cartoons for as long as he'd tolerate it- about 45 minutes, and then there was no denying the fact that I was going to have to get up.

And so, at not quite 10 am, I have done four loads of laundry, washed a sink full of dishes by hand because I'm too lazy to empty the dishwasher (it's the one chore in the house that I absolutely hate- not sure why) I've swept and mopped the tile, vacuumed the carpets, fixed us all breakfast, and now it's time to run to the bank and take out a small fortune.

The painter came yesterday and got a good portion of the work done. He's got about two hours worth of work left for today, I estimate, and then he'll be done with the painting. He's also going to be doing the stucco work, and although I know he's giving me a much more than fair price for it, I had a hard time swallowing the numbers. In my next life I'm going rent. I know that in the end you're pretty much throwing your money away when you rent, but hell, I feel like I'm doing that now!

The stucco is going to be much more involved than we thought. At the very least we're going to have to rip it down to the studs and may even have to rip those out, too. He says we're fortunate that it's not leaking water into our livingroom. I guess he's right. I mean, it could be worse.

So, I've got to go get the money to pay him for the paint job, and the money for the supplies to do the stucco. I'll pay the remaining amount once the job is done. He's turned out to be a decent guy, despite my original hesitation. I'll even forgive him for squishing my squash plants, although it nearly broke my heart. Figures that the first year that I actually keep anything alive and someone else comes along and kills it.

And yes, today was the day that I was supposed to be going to the mom's club meeting with Dr. T's wife and son, but J's got some sort of stomach thing going on, which means I can't be too far away from a bath-tub and a change of clothes at any time, not to mention that I'd hate to infect other kids if he IS contagious. Maybe next month... I was really hoping to find him a couple of playmates- not to mention I could use a few myself.

It's pathetic that I sit here and pray that someone has updated their blog, just so I can feel like I've got some sort of contact with the outside world. :)

Ok, off to do diaper duty and run to the bank. Y'all have a good day. I'll try and get a couple of pictures of the two-tone house today. It's really horrible looking right now, and the new color is going on a little more "reddish" than I wanted it to be, but it's not horrible, and I think once we get the blue trim out of the equation, it'll look great.

3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Erin said...

There's not enough coffee in the world to get me awake at 5:24 am. And you and Wil are big hearted people... I'd have bashed 2 pits for waking me up, and delivered them to their home, making sure to wake the owners with the loudest most obnoxious noise I could possibly make. Repeated door bell ringing is pretty annoying at that hour of the morning.

My laundry, tiles, carpet... all still waiting for me to notice them :)

*hug*
~E

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

If I knew who they belonged to, I probably would have done just that. In a strange way, it sort of worked in my favor. Ever since I quit working J's nap schedule has gone to crap. But, since we woke up at our old normal wake up time today, he's ready for his nap now, and that is a great thing. :)

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger westcoastmama said...

yikes...that's one hell of a wake up call. Now...ya'll are definitely gonna think I'm nuts coz I get up at that time to go to the gym! *ducks and runs in the other direction*

If it's any consolation, I haven't slept hardly at all in the past few days. Maybe 14 hours for the past 3 nights, I think. At least your laundry's done. Mine just stares me in the face first thing in the morning. I won't be able to ignore it later though. :-P

*hugs*

Catcha later

~Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home