Monday, October 23, 2006

'tis the season

Jonas is destined to never be well in the fall months. I think he got that from me. I remember being sick almost every Halloween and Thanksgiving of my childhood.

For the past 2 days we've pretty much laid in bed together and watched tv and read books. The only thing he's done is whimper and moan with a hand to his mouth saying "Mama, hurt." Even in his sleep.

Poor baby. I'm sneakingly suspicious that it's Hand, Foot and Mouth disease again, although much milder than the mess that left his face looking like it went through a meat grinder back in February. He does have a few blisters that I can see on his tongue, and by the way he's complaining and won't let me look, I'm assuming there are more in his throat.

We're alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours to keep his fever down, and right now, for the first time since we went to bed Saturday night, he's out of bed and playing a little. Maybe he's on the mend. Now if I could just get him to eat or drink.

We did get a couple of Scooby Doo fruit snacks in him this morning. Not exactly what I expected to be the winner, but hey, whatever works. After rejecting icecream, popsicles, milkshakes, soup, pudding, yogurt, jell-o, and Pediasure, I'll take what I can get.

I've managed to get a few more repeats of my lace project done, but it's something that I can only really work on when J's napping and Wil isn't home. Otherwise, I end up screwing it up and having to frog back several rows. So, what do I do instead? Of course, I add a third project into the works. I'm just a regular project floozy, aren't I?

My third project is even more mindless than the socks. You see, Wil shaved his head yesterday. Bald. I'm not opposed to his shiny dome or anything, but it's been a long time since it's seen the light of day, and you all know how that can look, right? A little pale, flaky even. So, until his head grows accustomed to it's new nakedness, he's asked me to whip up just a simple, basic hat for him. After completing about 1/3 of it last night, he slipped it on his head to make sure I wasn't going to cut his brain's circulation off, smiled, laughed, and then said, "I look like an angry black muslim! My patients probably won't let me in."

So, we're calling it his "Easy day at work" hat now.

Going to go see if J feels like making a quick trip to the library. We've got books due back today. And if he feels up to it, it'd be nice to get a few new ones to read to him while he gets over this... whatever it is.

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Awww Poor J-man! What is with these boys? I'm sure once Jonas starts feeling better, Anthony is going to come down with something again. :( We're never going to get a chance to meet! Well, once he starts feeling better let me know and Anthony and I will go on a little car trip. :-)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Poor Jonas. The little guy never gets a break, does he? :(
*I had a good chuckle at the "Easy day at work hat"! *grin*

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger me said...

It's only the last decade or so that falls and winters have seen me less sick than at any other time in my life. SO I hear ya and know what ya mean. Hugs to you and the J-Man, sweetie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home