Thursday, February 08, 2007

Addiction

Yesterday Jonas found something that I was certain that I had thrown away nearly a year ago: His Bobo.

At first he looked at it quizzically, pondering whether or not it was appropriate for him. He understand that bobos are for babies now, and that he's a big boy and doesn't need one. So he sat, holding it in his hand like some sort of precious gem unearthed from the back of the dresser drawer. Finally, he decided that surely one little test suck wouldn't hurt, and so into the mouth it went.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can only imagine that for him it must have been like an alcoholic's first sip after years of sobriety.

I watched for a few minutes, thinking that he'd grow bored and move along. Not so.

Not wanting to relive that particular chapter of child-rearing, I quickly removed the offending object, reminding him that he didn't need it anymore.

And so the fit ensued.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This lasted well over half an hour- total unbridled fury and outrage at the unfairness of it all.

Poor kid. Hope he's not scarred for life.

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Oh MAN! Mean Mama! You took away the BOBO!! LOL.

My nephew is still severely attached to his as well, and though my sister is making attempts (half-heartedly) to take it away during the day, whenever he starts whining or throwing a fit, she pops it into his mouth. LOL.

I am SO glad I don't have to deal with that! :)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger me said...

Checking in, hon and saying, "Hey!"

::: hiding blanket and pacifier :::

Oh these?

Nothing!

NOTHING!


*hugs!*

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't even believe what a big boy he is now! He'll be just fine, don't worry :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home