Friday, February 23, 2007

Screaming Babies of the Mason Dixon Kind

After a long day at work yesterday, I pulled into the driveway to find a package sitting next to my front door.

Now, earlier in the week I had asked Gretchen how I might obtain a copy of her son's cd, who's release was celebrated recently. Being the generous soul that she is, she offered to send me one, but cautioned me that it was "crazy" and complete with the liberal use of the F-bomb. Yeah baby, right up my Pantera lovin' alley! :) I guess we never completely lose our teenage angst.

So, here's this box on the porch, and I'm thinking, "Gee, that's a really big box for just a cd. That can't be from Gretchen. Who else might have sent me something?" The answer? No one.

J and I barely got through the front door before I was wrestling the entirely too big (and now too heavy) to just be a cd box open. Yes, I admit, I ripped it open bare-handed, and without even the aid of my keys. I was that excited.

Look what I found inside?

Yes!!! My very own copy of Mason Dixon knitting! If anyone remembers, Gretchen hosted the yarn raffle last year for Team Nova- a great cause that is very near and dear to my heart- and I won a giant box of Peaches & Cream yarn. Having never really dabbled in the cotton realm, she suggested that I check out the above book. After a very long wait for the only copy in the county to make it's way to the library for me, I was in heaven, falling in love with nearly every pattern in it. The day I had to return it, I nearly cried. So now I have my very own copy that I don't ever have to return. Yay!!!

And look at the precious little notecard that was included. Adorable, isn't it?

The cd took a spin in the player last night, and I was magically whooshed back to my high school days of red dyed hair, black t-shirts, lots of spiky metal, and a pair of 10-eye Doc Martens (which still reside in my closet, and look as great as the day I purchased them).

Jake, your band is awesome. Seriously! There wasn't a single song on there that I didn't instantly love. I know that this one will be in regular rotation in the car. And those of you out there that have a soft spot for "crazy" music of the (and forgive me, but I'm old and not sure what they call music genres anymore) metal/punk/ska sort, then I urge you to get your own copy of the Screaming Babies cd. Even if you don't like the music, the cover art is worth purchasing!

And lest you think J felt left out: BUBBLE WRAP!!!

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger me said...

Pop! Pop! Pop! I love doing that!

Lucky you!

You get the nicest stuff from the most awesomest :-) people, Angie!

Have a great weekend, hon!

*hugs!*

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I'm so glad you like it all! Can you see my mama pride swelling?

And you know that's Lydia on the card, right?

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

p.s. it's punk. (-:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home