Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bzzzzzzzz

So, I'm in the kitchen fixing breakfast for the munchkin and myself this morning. Meanwhile, he's in the bathroom just adjacent and he's brushing his teeth.

"Mama," he calls, "I've got Dada's razee."

Now, this is nothing new. He likes to pick up Wil's electric razor and pretend that he's shaving his beard.

"Ok, honey, leave it on the counter, please."

Next thing I hear is "Bzzzzzzzz." And it's not the kind of Bzzz that sounds like a razor just simply turned on, but that tell-tale grinding, hair-chewing buzz.

OH CRAP!

I drop the oatmeal and run into the bathroom to find a huge chunk of his beautiful curly goodness in a pile in the sink. My heart almost broke in two.

Ok, so I know it's just hair, and I've always had a hangup about cutting those precious curls, but never in a million years did I ever contemplate having to give him a complete buzz down.

To tell you how shocked and upset I was about it, I didn't even pause to take a picture of the self-inflicted bad hair day. I knew if I didn't do it, and do it quickly, I was never going to be able to. And so, without thinking much at all, there it went-- all of it.

I'm still a little teary over it, so please don't make any comments about what a terrible job I did of cleaning it up. I kept it as long as possible while still matching the side he cut himself. It's terrible! But, it'll grow back and be luscious and beautiful again in no time, I'm sure.

Here's a picture of last night.



And here's one from today.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, holy crap, sweetie! :( I'm so sorry those adorable curls met their fate with Dada's "razee" . . .what a shame. Here's crossed fingers that they'll come back just as bouncy as before!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Oh. Oh. Oh. I know you already told me, but seeing it. Oh. Those. Curls. Oh.

I have to say that now the first thing I see is his beautiful face, though. Before I always had to pause and stare at his pretty hair first.

Oh, and I didn't tell you about the time Abie decided he wanted a "polka dot" in his hair...and cut one right into the middle of the front of his new, already pretty short buzz cut. We had to take him practically down to bald.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Eve said...

"Next thing I hear is "Bzzzzzzzz." And it's not the kind of Bzzz that sounds like a razor just simply turned on, but that tell-tale grinding, hair-chewing buzz."

My jaw dropped when I read that. (And, I kinda snickered a little too, sorry!)

I know it's completely heartbreaking for you to lose all those precious, beautiful curls -but WOW he looks so different!! I like it!

((HUGS Angie))


PS -I was insanely heartbroken when Roy decided to shave Anthony's hair too, it was finally to the point where I could run my fingers through it and he cut it all off!! So I know how that feels. :(

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger tifferny said...

oh....my.....god. if i heard that sound (grinding buzzing) my heart would have stopped beating.

note to self: HIDE daddy's razor in a very high place so mikaela can never, ever reach it. lol

the saving grace is that he still looks adorable and his hair will grow back. but i know it is still very heartbreaking. poor mama. :(

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't imagine..but he looks adorable either way. The hair does go back, of course. You did a very good job with the cut.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am sure his adorable curls will grow back. He is still cute no matter how he looks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home