Sunday, April 29, 2007

Like a sponge

So, it's 3:30 in the morning and here I sit. My butt is completely numb from the ridiculously hard and uncomfortable chair in this room. I'm starting to think that the metal one in the corner would be more comfortable. What ever happened to those nice reclining bed-like things that they used to have in hospital rooms for the spouse/parent of the patient? I guess this is their way of discouraging overnight visitors. I'm more stubborn than that. Besides, they don't want my husband hanging around without me. He's quite a lot like a two-year-old without a nap when he's sick. He'd have the nurse call button taped down by now.

Is now a good time to tell you that it's colder than the the polar caps in here? Well, it is.

The good news is that he's on his 3rd bag of fluids and has drained two full bags of antibiotics since being transferred. He's either going to start feeling better, or seeping lactated ringers from his pores here soon. He's actually sleeping some, which I find admirable. Even if I did have the cushy (hey, it looks cushy to my aching butt!) bed, I don't think I'd be able to get any sleep.

Have I mentioned that I hate hospitals.

Oh, and just as soon as the sun comes up and they unlock all the doors, and I'm guaranteed to be able to leave and get back in with no problems, I get to go pick up the munchkin, as sleep deprived as I will be, then go across town to check on the critters, spend some time with the aforementioned munchkin, then drop him off at my parents to hang with them for an unknown amount of time, so that I can come back up here and flop my butt back in this same chair.

Notice there was no mention of any sleep in that sentence? Yeah, so did I, unfortunately.

The good thing about spending all of this time in a hospital room is that you can accomplish obscene amounts of knitting. So far I've finished all but a bit of seaming on the super-secret project, and also taken one toe-up sock from toe to mid-way through the gusset increases. And this is no ordinary sock, either- it's got cables and k4togs all throughout. No mindless knitting going on here. Man! How I wish there was! I may have to hit up JoAnn tomorrow if it looks like we're going to be here much longer. Oooh! Or I have my new ball of Magic Stripes that Amanda sent me. That would work well for some basic mindless socks.
Gee, if I can type all of this in an exhausted stupor, imagine the damage I could do if I truly had something to type about.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

OMG, Angie! Do they have any idea how long he'll have to be there?

Along with the knitting, try to grab some naps. Take care!

I'm ignoring the no Sheep and Wool thing and holding out hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home