Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My big boy

got his new big boy bike on Monday. He's in love. Honestly, if he could, he'd sleep with it on his pillow at night.

He still getting the hang of the pedals. His trike didn't have brakes, and so the whole stopping when you push backwards on the pedals is strange to him. To get the hang of it, we turned the bike upside down and practiced with our hands so he could see that it only works one way. I think he gets it now, but he loves the upside down bike thing. He sits and pretends he's the captain of a ship and uses the front wheel as his steering wheel. If any of you have seen Dora's Pirate Adventure, you'll be familiar with the song "Isa Turn the Wheel", which he sings while doing this. It's adorable.

When we first got the bike home and I brought the box inside, he was a bit confused how a bike could fit into a box so small. It wasn't until I opened it and started pulling pieces out that it clicked...

"Oh, right Mama, gotta put it together. I get Dada's tools."

I have no idea why they're Dada's tools when I'm the one that does all the fixing around here, but that's another post, isn't it?"

He dragged out the toolbox, and had a ball helping me put it together.

So, here are the obligatory pictures of him trying it out. We'll be going to the park later today so that he can actually give it a try on a nice long stretch of sidewalk. We don't have those luxuries out here, and we live right in the bend of the road, which makes me leery about letting him try it out in the street, even with me right beside him. I'll be investing in a whole bunch of those bright yellow caution signs and cones that they sell at the toy store, I think.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Eve said...

WOW! What a big boy! He looks like he was having a blast riding it!

Yeah, I think I would be leary of Anthony riding in the street here, and I live on a culdesac with barely any traffic. haha.

So, when did you get him the tricycle? Or probably more appropriately -when did he start riding the tricycle and getting the hang of the pedals? Anthony has this little push rider thing where he has to push off the floor with his feet, but he's really kind of big for it so doesn't mess with it much. I'd like to get him a tricycle, but don't know if he'd even be interested in that sort of thing yet. Hmm... Maybe a trip to WalMart is in store for us. Do you think they have display tricycles down that he could try out? ;)

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

how sweet! i still remember getting my first bike. except my experience wasn't as pleasant as your son's. i got a bit overconfident and smacked squarely into the back of a trailer. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home