Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I am NOT getting sick

Despite the achiness in my back and shoulders, or the broken glass feeling in my throat, or the watery eyes, or the head that weighs about 30 pounds, I am most certainly, absolutely, without a doubt NOT getting sick.

Why? Because I've got a list a million miles long of things to do before the party, and no time for self-pity.

Speaking of parties... I went to the fabric store yesterday and got a couple of yards of fabric on sale, came home with the intent of making little pirate-y shirts/vests for all of us for the party. Well, it ends up we're all bigger than I originally estimated, and I don't have enough fabric. But, I did get J's made... mostly. If you can call cutting out a tunic and cutting a hole for his head "making" something. I was going to seam it up the sides and use pinking shears to make the arms and neck all jagged, but he's such a big kid that I barely left enough room for seams. If I seam it I'm afraid he'll be uncomfortable, so we're just going to leave it open on the sides, tie a scarf or something around his waist to hold it on, and decorate it with a skull and crossbones stencil I found.

The rest of the fabric, which is too small to make anything for myself and hubby is perfect as a "tablecloth" for the deep freezer, which will be serving double duty as a serving area for food.

If I find the time, I'll run back to the fabric store today and pick up more of the fabric to make ours. I'm hoping 2 yards will be sufficient. If not, we're all going on diets!!!

But in the meantime, I am NOT getting sick.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Why is everyone getting sick? (not you of course)My hubby is sick, my boss has strep, my neighbor is sick...Geez Aww, I'm sure J will look great. Did you try looking at a costume store for some cool piratey accessories?

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, no! Start popping some Airborne. :) *keeping my fingers crossed*

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, airbourne NOW! It works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home