Thursday, August 16, 2007

On the brighter side

After spending the day jumping through insurance hoops and leaving messages at various offices all over town, I was about ready to give up on finding a speech pathologist. BTW, don't ever count on your health plan to give you any sort of information that is in any way helpful. Save yourself the time. Apparently if your child is under the age of 9, the list of providers that accept the insurance plan is a secret only to be revealed to those of higher authority. In other words, my doctor has to call the health plan, get the super-secret list, then call me back with the super-secret list so that I can then choose one. Then I have to call my doctor with my choice so that she can contact the health plan and let them know who I've chosen. After that, and if the insurance gods agree, I can call and schedule an appointment. Then I can call my pediatrician's office to let them know that I have an appointment so that they can file the appropriate paperwork with my insurance company so that they MIGHT reimburse me a portion of the fees.

Yeah, it leaves me scratching my head, too.

So, I called around today, and behold! I find a speech therapist with a familiar name. Not only is she a client at my office, but she is the sister of one of my bosses. Score! She tells me that she recently separated from my particular health plan, and that in her experience they probably won't cover me, no matter what hoops I jump through. She then tells me her very reasonable fee and offers to get me scheduled for week after next. It's a huge weight off my shoulders, which I don't mind paying for at all.

But, since we are going to TN week after next, I had to postpone our appointment until after we get back. Still, come the week of the 10th, we'll have our first visit and see where we need to go from there.

And look! An FO.



Well, sort of an FO. Can you consider a single sock a finished object? Or must you finish the pair? Either way, it's the first thing to come off my needles Since May, so dammit, it's an FO in my book.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Cool, one hurdle down. And that so counts as a FO. The sock looks good! What yarn is that? If I want anything to come off the needles in a reasonable amount of time ai will stick to baby knits. (even though I have no baby...)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Thanks for the pat on the back. The sock is just a ball of magic stripes my SIL sent me as a prize for finishing my Mystery Socks almost a year ago. I just did a simple 3x1 rib all the way down. Makes for a nice plain old striped sock with lots of stretch. (My feet are claustrophobic!)

Baby knits are great fun, and very rewarding. I've never met a baby knit that wasn't absolutely adorable. I wish I knit before J was born. He'd be all decked out (and sweating his little butt off) in handmade goodness. Now I just get to look forward to knitting for my pregnant friends. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home