Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday hangover

Well, the birthday party went off with barely a hitch.

Ok, so there were plenty of hitches. But, the party went off, none the less, and it's over, and the munchkin is officially another year older.

Amazing to think that he's three. It boggles my mind, the fact that I even have a kid, much less, a THREE year old. Wow! And every day with him is a blessing and a miracle, and I love him more with each passing moment. Before J-man I never could have fathomed how much it is possible to love another being. I mean, sure, there's family, and you love them wholly, and then there's the spouse, and you love them wholly, but then there's a child, and it's a totally different kind of love. Because no matter how much you SAY that you love your family and your husband/wife/significant other unconditionally, it's really all a bunch of bullshit, isn't it? They are a part of you, sure. But they didn't come from you... didn't come through you... aren't so much you, and so much themselves that it amazes you and leaves you breathless all in the same moment. And that is what a child is... amazing love, moments of speechless adoration, the height of emotion day after day.
I never knew that joy could be this enormous.

And with that I'll leave you with a few pictures from the party.



And yes, for those of you with keen eyes, they DID misspell his name on the cake.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Michele said...

It looks like he had fun! Great cake, was that the one you made??

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I am SO diggin' everyone's piratey do-rags! :)
The cake is wonderful--I can see why he didn't want to cut it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home