Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Awesomeness

I was totally bummed by the fact that I had to work today because I'd much rather be at the Stitch N Pitch, hanging out, knitting, having a cold one, and enjoying some Devil Rays baseball with Michele. But as far as Saturday shifts at work go, it wasn't a terrible one. We managed to get out of there in record time, despite the number of emergency cases we had on top of our regularly scheduled appointments.

A second bonus is that J and Dada are spending the day together, and went to Abuela's to help with some yard work. Who doesn't love a quiet afternoon to themselves?

So, I got home from work, and unable to ignore the pangs of guilt from not having done any school work in the past couple of weeks, I chained myself to the computer for the next 2 hours and accomplished a dozen or so reports. Only 19 more until I'm done with this particular unit, which has dragged on for so long I can hardly stand it. Yippie!

After finishing the last report for the day, I realized that both hubby and I forgot to take the trash to the road this morning. Not a good thing, considering both cans were full. Luckily, the truck hadn't come by yet, so I dragged them to the road.

I'm not usually the mail-getter in the house. There's never anything but bills in there, and who wants to ruin a perfectly good day by thumbing through a big stack of bills? But, since I was already at the curb, I figured I'd better do my wifely duty and bring it up with me.

How totally surprised was I to find a squishy package in there! What's more... a squishy package that I wasn't even expecting.

And look what was inside!



Who would send me such a sweet little package out of the blue? Why, Michele, of course! When we met for coffee a few weeks back, I was totally enchanted with the cute little bag that she had made to carry her sock knitting around in. It's no secret that I've got a slight bag obsession anyway. Not in the expensive Coach purse kind of way, but the functionally cute kind of way. I've never been a very good seamstress, but I vowed that I MUST have one of those bags. I even went so far as to browse the fabric while at the store the other day, but didn't find anything that really suited my taste. I'm terrible at decisions, and apparently am lacking the gene for finding good contrasts, too. I shrugged it off, telling myself I'd get around to it "someday", which we all know means "never".

Somehow Michele not only found time to sew me a fabulous little bag, but she managed to pick out a fabric that is so totally me that it knocks my socks off. And look what was tucked away inside, speaking of socks! It's Knit Picks Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk. It's even more beautiful in person than it appears in the picture, and sooo my style. Absolutely perfect, and such a pick-me-up with my poor knitting mojo lately.

Thank you so much, Michele. Now lets make a date to get together so I can show you the secret of the magic loop. :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I am so glad you liked it!! We definitely have to get together for lunch again soon! Stitch N Pitch was fun. We had all the other people in the section wondering why there were so many knitters. Me and Thomas both grabbed a bag so I have one for you and a baseball statue for Jonas. Have a good weekend!!

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, what goodies! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home