Thursday, November 01, 2007

Fall Cleaning

Most people experience the urge to clean and do all this sort of stuff in the spring, but around here spring simply means that we have an approaching 9 months worth of insufferably hot weather to look forward to. It's somewhat depressing, and in no way sets me in the mood to clean house.

But today- November 1st, still in the 80's but decidedly more fall-ish than the past several months, I'm on a mission, it seems.

So far I've:
Done three loads of laundry.
Cleaned both bathrooms top to bottom.
Organized J's closet full of toys.
Dusted all the furniture, which means I had to sort and organize all the stuff lying around on top of the furniture. (Honey, this is to be read, collecting from all over the house and stacking your magazines and paperwork in one neat pile for you to sort through tonight)
Cleaned the fan blades.
Swept the tile.
Vacuumed the carpets and the spots on the back of the couches where the cats like to snooze and leave their hair.
Steam cleaned the living room furniture.
Dishes.
And now I've got the curtains down and they're taking their spin in the washer.

Things I haven't done:
Showered
Made it out of my pajamas
Made my child brush his teeth.
Picked up the million stitches to add the ribbing to the baby jacket I'm knitting
Done my self-review for work.


And it's those last two that are keeping me so busy. You see, I'll do just about anything to avoid doing one little thing that I'm not looking forward to, no matter how simple, and no matter how quickly it would go if I'd just sit down and do it.

At least I'll have a clean house out of the deal.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Wow, do you want to come do my house next?? It is in need of a good cleaning and unpacking

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Eve said...

I've been going crazy cleaning things out too lately. Finally the weather changes! I love it now. I hate the 100 degree nastiness that is FL weather. Blech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home