Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Where was I?

Saturday J and I drove up to Merritt Island to hang out with Michele and go to the Fiber-In.

Michele's a sweetheart. When she and her husband went to the Tampa Bay Stitch n' Pitch she ganked an extra goodie bag for me. Inside were a couple of different magazines, including the Summer issue of Interweave. There was also a set of dpns, a giant, double ended crochet hook. I'm telling you, if this were in an adult store, most people would shy away from it. Still scratching my head over what in the world you're supposed to do with it. It also had a couple of balls of novelty yarn, and the cutest little Ravelry button that says "Where my stitches at?" Heh! It's now residing on my purse, along with one my friend gave me that reads "No, my powers can only be used for good." Sheesh! I get a few more and I can become an employee of TGI Fridays. :)

The Fiber-in was pretty much a letdown for both of us. I mean, there was some nice fiber to be had, but I found many of the vendors to be more than a bit stuffy and stand-offish. We didn't stay very long at all. It wasn't a total loss, though. She and I both have had an interest in learning to spin, and so we each bought a drop-spindle. The really nice lady who sold them to us also gave us a bit of the fiber she was spinning with to practice on. Michele is a MUCH better spinner than I am, but I haven't totally given up.

Here's a picture of her giving it her best.



After the disappointment of the fiber-in, we took J to Cocoa Village so he could run around the park while we gabbed about all things knitting. I think we all had a great time. After the park we enjoyed a little browse through the one and only yarn store in the county, and had ice cream and drinks at a little shop nearby.

There was also this whole incident with a dude and his monkey, but Michele already covered that one pretty well, so I won't rehash it.

As far as knitting goes, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get it done. I'm still working on the sleeves of the shrug I started before going out of town. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the second, then it's just a matter of picking up stitches and creating the back.




I've got a TON of projects that I want to get started on. And silly me! I just signed up for NaKniSweMo. How crazy am I? But I've been wanting to make Kepler ever since my SIL made it, and if she can finish it during the Olympics, I'm sure that I can do it if given a whole month. :) I'll probably add a few inches of length to it, but other than that, I like the pattern just the way it is. Do I really expect to finish it in a month? Nope, not really. But signing up will at least get me started, and once it's started it'll get finished eventually.


And I'll leave you with cute J pictures. One at the park, the other playing superheroes with me last night.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Aww, that picture of J on the slide came out cute!! He is such a good kid!

I am glad you had a good time, even if the Fiber-In sucked. So when are we going to start the Ballet Cami's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home