Saturday, November 03, 2007

#@&*%# Hats!

I was lamenting this afternoon to Michele the fact that I've never been able to knit a hat that turns out the way I want. Never. Not a single one. Now, I can make you a fairly elaborate sweater. I can knit you a pair of the fanciest socks. I can make gloves that fit, well, like gloves. But a simple friggin hat will beat me every time.

I said this while casting on for a baby hat, which I ended up ripping at least three times as I sat there in front of her. Then, finally, after admitting defeat, I decided to go with the most simple bat out there- a rolled brim. Now, how can you go wrong with that? I used the weight of yarn requested in the pattern, the needle size specified too. And sure enough, this infant hat is big enough for me to wear snugly, and for J to wear a bit less snugly. Dammit all to hell! I mean, it's fine and all. You can usually find a head to fit just about any hat, but even that bit of comfort doesn't do much for the fact that there's going to be a baby born in just a few weeks and that poor baby is going to have a cold little head because I'm a freakin' loser when it comes to hat knitting.

But I'm not ripping again. Nope. This hat will get finished. And J will have the toastiest head in the sunshine state. :)

Now, time to go check the online baby registry.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Ohh, sorry about the baby hat!! I guess I do knit really tight. Mine was probably a little small. You gonna try again??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home