Friday, February 01, 2008

Still here... somewhere

It's been a crazy-hectic week here. Nothing major, just one of those weeks where no matter how hard you try and no matter how many hours you seem to be on your feet, nothing seems to get accomplished.

Brief synopsis:

Met up with Michele last Sunday for some knitting time while Hubby and J went to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. I got either 2 or 3 repeats on my latest sock done- Tidal Wave socks in Tofutsies. I really love the color (tenderfoot) of the yarn, but I'm concerned about how thin it is, and it's inelasticity. I'm knitting these on size 1 needles, and I sort of feel like I should go down to a 0, but can't bear to knit on them. I'll play it by ear. They fit me, but I'm afraid that they may slouch more than I like. But I love the color and the pattern, so I'm willing to take the risk.

And I got a great surprise, too. Michele and her husband bought the supplies and made a couple of swifts. I'd link to the directions, but I can't get the page to load right now. I've been considering shelling out the money for one for some time since I have a hard time convincing hubby to help wind skeins with me, but haven't done so yet. I'm in heaven over it. Too cool. Thanks Michele and T!!

We also went to the pet store for a sucker fish for J's aquarium. J instantly spotted a tank if tiny little black moors and commented on how they looked just like "baby Spaz fish", and so we ended up going home with one of them as well. The sucker fish went belly-up in less than 24 hours, but baby Spaz, who is really so tiny I thought that Spot would swallow him whole seems to be thriving. So much for phasing out the fish in this house.

Work's been a bear this week. I've tried so hard to have a good attitude about it, but it's getting more and more difficult to deal with coworkers who sit on their fat, lazy asses all day while a select few people do all of the work. Honestly, I don't mind working, and actually like my job, but it sucks to sit and watch them get away with earning a paycheck for browsing the net all day and otherwise doing nothing. I didn't make any friends today, either. Got the silent treatment all day, and it suited me just fine. I work tomorrow, but don't have to be back again until Tuesday. I think I'll use that time to try and get my head back on straight.

That's it. No spinning to report, no knitting at all since Sunday. I've just been too damn exhausted and busy with all the little things to enjoy anything this week. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Geez, sounds like you had as bad of a week as I did last week. Hope it gets better soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home