Sunday, June 08, 2008

Another weekend done

Where does all the time go? Seriously. You blink and *poof* it's gone.

Yesterday I met up with Michele at a coffee house for a couple of hours of knitting and just plain relaxing. It was nice to get away for a little bit and just unwind. I needed it in a MAJOR way.

We parted ways for a bit while she went and pampered herself with a spa manicure, and then we met back up with husbands and J in tow to go see a movie. J's been aching to see Kung Fu Panda since the very first commercial. Me, I'm not a movie fan. Haven't been to one in years. And it was years before that since I went to any others. But it was a cute movie, and just watching him have a great time was worth it.

I secretly cast on a new pair of socks before going, just in case I got bored and my hands needed something to do. But I got the evil eye from hubby when I went for my knitting bag, so I figured that just might cross his personal threshold of 'crazy'. He'll never get it.

After the movie we had dinner together at a nearby mexican restaurant. I suggested it quite selfishly because I love their guacamole. It's made at the table, and so delicious! The waiter was creepy, to say the least, and the food only so-so, but it was nice to get out and have a good time with another couple. It's something we never do, and was a nice change of pace.

Of course, somewhere towards the end of dinner, J insisted he had to go potty, so we made our way all the way across the crowded restaurant to the bathroom. Sitting there in a booth was this merry old gentleman with a flowing white beard and mustache. Jonas stopped dead in his tracks to inspect him. The man and his adorable wife smiled at J, and the guy winked at him. I nudged him along to the restroom.

As we came out, the sweet old guy hopped up out of his booth and gave J a high five, asked him if he'd been a good boy, and told him how many days were left until Christmas. It was really all too sweet- him taking the time to play into J's little fantasy. Then he whipped a little card out of his wallet and handed it to him. It was red and green with a picture of him and his wife in full costume and read "I met Santa today!" Cute.

So we finished our dinner, and then mingled in the parking lot for a few minutes, when Santa and Mrs. Claus left the restaurant. Wil thanked the man for his time, and commented on how he must get that a lot- kids stopping him everywhere. The man smiled, winked, and said "but I really am Santa." Then they hopped in their red car, and drove away.

Now Jonas is convinced that Santa spends his summer vacation on the beach eating Mexican food. (That's how he stays so fat, ya know?)

Today was a day full of little errands, of which I can spare you most of the details. But we did find a new desktop computer for about $300, which we're considering purchasing. We'll still have to purchase an updated version of Word, which will probably cost as much as the computer, but we'll have to buy that regardless of what computer we get, and this cheap one will serve it's purpose just fine.

And as an added bonus, hubby also found me two packets of okra seeds, which I've been hunting for ever since we started the garden. I can't wait to clear a spot for them! Hope everyone likes pickled okra, cuz I have a feeling we'll be canning quite a bit this summer.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Laura said...

i LOVES pickled okra. Just for the record. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home