Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I'm gonna do it, I swear.

With a head full of snot and red, watery eyes, I dropped Jonas off at Abuela's today so that I could come home and "relax". Yeah right, me relax? I know that's a ridiculous statement. I've already filled my calendar with catch-up housework to do.

But seriously, if I get it all out of the way now, I'll have a couple of hours to just be lazy. Of course, we all know that I'm incapable of just sitting around and doing nothing, don't we?

So I'm going to actually try to write something. Write what? No idea. There's not even an idea in my head to start with. It's so frustrating to be pressed up against this wall where everything is so bland and colorless.

I've always known that writers think differently than the rest of the world. We think in metaphors and winding paths. There's rarely a straight line between two points, but lately it seems my mind has been practicing for a DUI checkpoint or something. See, I can't even be creative in my description of my uncreativity! Arg!

But I'm going to do it. Just as soon as I get the laundry caught up, and the litter box cleaned, and the floors swept and Jonas' birthday invitations addressed. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home