Monday, October 24, 2005

It's all over now

The storm is gone.

It never really got horrible. Quite a bit of rain. Enough to make the canal behind the house nearly overflow... nearly. And as far as wind goes, it was wicked at times, but nothing like the storms we had last year. Ironically, we sustained more damage this time around than we did last year. The roof is intact, thank God. Of course, with a brand new roof, we didn't expect any less.

The damage this time came in the form of a blown in shed and a ruined water softener. Erin, all of my baby clothes were in the shed. I haven't gone in there to actually assess the damage, but once I do, I'll let you know the status of your care package. :) I really don't expect it to be that bad.

The water softener has already been repaired as well, thanks to my Dad and my uncle. They were really life savers, working by the headlights of the jeep, in the cold. Damn it's cold.

We lost power for a little while, but it has been repaired, apparently all around town as I've only seen a few buisnesses and traffic lights down.

The worst part of the storm came in the form of tornadoes. Three of them in this county alone. None of them close enough to us to be scary at all.

Overall, Wilma was a dud for us, and I can't say that I'm upset about it.

It's been a long day, and we're holed up at my parents house, since we weren't expecting to have our power restored so quickly, or our water, for that matter. I took a few pictures throughout the storm, and if any of them are worth sharing, I'll post them tomorrow, once we're back at home.

'night y'all

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Well, I'm sorry about your building, but I'm just glad you're ok - don't worry about the care package for goodness sakes! I was really worried about you (as in, tracking the storm and watching your town in particular.

So, consider this Erin's huge sigh of relief! *hug*

ML~
~E

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Vickie said...

I am glad you're okay. And, better the shed than the house. Take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home