Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Birthday Blog!

Damn, tomorrow makes it a year since I began this blog. An entire year of pouring my thoughts and useless ramblings into this literary cyber-attic.

When I began this blog I thought that it would help me get back into my writng. That somehow, magically, by creating this space I would find the missing muse, or whatever the hell writers call that spark that gives them the urge to create.

Have I accomplished any of that? Nope, not at all. Another year passes. I've written perhaps a total of four or five new poems in the last year, none of them of a quality that I feel is worthy of sharing. It's not a big deal, really. I suppose that people just change sometimes, lose interest in that which once was their main focus. Jeez, hard to imagne that just a few short years ago I thought that I might actually write for a living. What a freaking joke that would have been. Glad I didn't give up my day job, eh?

I went back and read through some of my original postings today. I couldn't help but notice how different my writing style has become. When I first started this thing I was intent on it being more than just some place for me to come and dump my personal ramblings. It was to have content, meat, thought, well-reasoned dissertations on the state of affairs.

Anyone who's a regular reader knows that today's product has none of that. I don't know if that's a bad thing, exactly. I mean, this place does serve a purpose in the fact that it keeps me sane sometimes. But there's no edge here, no hard, brutally honest truths revealed, no controversy or even anything to make a reader stop and think. It's just bland mental oatmeal.

But anyway, happy birthday blog-o-mine. Perhaps next year I'll look back and actually be proud of what I've put into you.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, at least you write in yours ;)

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Yeah! Where is that wife of yours anyways? And not to mention the fact that your blog is MIA. C'mon, give a bored mommy something to read occasionally, would ya?

Hope you had a happy birthday, Jim. And there should be a package going out to y'all in the next few days. Just as soon as I find a box and the will to drive to the post office. :)

Hug Laura for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home