Sunday, February 05, 2006

Random Sunday Rambles

I saw this on someone else's blog, and I just couldn't help but link to it. Too damn funny. Sick Knitting With the mood I'm in right now, this may be my next project! Everyone needs a little something twisted in their lives, right?

I'm trying to figure out if I know any horror movie fans that might appreciate this. I don't think that I do, though.

It's been a pretty wasted weekend. I worked yesterday morning, and when I got home Wil and I were apparently on different wave-lenghts. We just couldn't mesh and anything said came across as insulting or rude. So we went or separate ways for the day. In other words, he went back to sleep and I did the housework and then went to visit the parents.

This seems to be a routine with us, and I'm so sick of it. We just can't seem to agree on our weekends... or any time, really. It's not that we argue or fight or anything like that, we just sort of co-exist and do our own things. I've had roommates with more in common than I seem to have with my hubby lately.

I'm not complaining ABOUT him necessarily, I just don't know if I'm sure what to do to create some common ground between us. You'd think that Jonas would be enough, right?

A little known secret: He's terrified of his son. I mean, sure, he can do the wrestle and tickle part of being a dad, but on days when he's home with him alone for a few hours- usually every other Saturday- he doesn't have a clue what to do. He doesn't know what to feed him, how to dress him, what games he likes to play, etc. I could make excuses and say that it's because he works all the time and is never home to get to know J's routines, and he does work a lot. But he's home on the weekends, and maintains that same distance from him. That, much more than the distance between him and me, really bugs me.

Begin new subject:

I picked up an old book of poetry last night. Just a little collection about the size of a chap-book that I picked up a few years ago for it's light reading appeal. There's some decent stuff in there, but I couldn't help but notice that there seemed to be a lot of, and when I say a lot, I mean like nearly every other, poems that were based on someone else's poetry or writing. Now, I don't think this is entirely bad. I mean, there are tons of incredible and inspiring poems out there. But the thing I don't like is reading somene's poem that was "inspired" by someone else's which is really just a hodge-podge re-arrangement of the inspiring poems lines and thoughts, offering nothing original or enlightening.

It's one thing to reference someone else's work, or to attempt to write in their style, but what I read last night was dangerously close to plagiarism. Leaves me wondering what editors are thinking when they choose this crap. Or do they even think at all? Is getting published more of just who you know and what kind of luck you have sort of thing?

Anyway, I wanted to also talk about Mike's post about knowing yourself, but I'm out of time, according to J-man. Maybe later.

Hope y'all are having a good weekend, and happy super bowl! Eat lots of good food and enjoy those expensive commercials that you'll be watching for the next year!:)

4 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I was sure this was the site you were going to link to. It's pretty sick & wrong--unless you're in that kind of mood, and it sounds like you are, so enjoy. :) Good thing you're not up here in the land of no sun. *smirk* We're all ready to be committed!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Holy moly! That IS sick and wrong! But in some strange way, I'm finding myself wanting to knit that as a little something for the office gift exchange next year! :)

We've got plenty of sun, and yet we're all nuts, too. It must just be a winter in general sort of thing.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger me said...

Don't worry about not getting to posting about "knowing yourself" Angela. Don't mind me, I was watching Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm all weekend. I had 10 episodes from a friend at work whom I mentioned to, I've never seen them but want to. he offered. I accepted.

Funny thing. I've only ever seen 3 episodes of "Seinfeld", too. Isn't that odd?

he's responsible for writing it and the co-creator.

The man's got a gift.

And the show in just as neurotic as i thought it would be. But ~SO~ funny. I love it!

And knowing yourself, in my mind, is such a huge part of that show.

Or maybe it's because got a Gentile, I have always tended to bend toward the Jews as far as comedians go. Don't ask me why. Anyways, now that I've been totally and in all other ways politically incorrect here, I'll take my leave. OY VEY! >grin<

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger me said...

got = for

a whole new post for a correction? Seems a waste, don't it? But I had to. My OCD would not allow me to sign out without correcting that word.

Help, I'm becoming a Jew!

Thanks, Larry David!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home