Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Today

My son is infatuated with dump trucks. They've been coming and going all morning and afternoon, delivering fill to the lot next door. Every time he hears one he goes running to the kitchen so that I can heft him up onto the kitchen counter so he can watch them through the little window above the sink. He claps and cheers as they back into their positions, and nearly comes out of his skin with excitement as the dirt comes pouring out. Of course, the best part of all is the big loud BANG as the tailgate- if that's what you call the back of a dump truck- comes crashing shut.

This has been the only good part of today.

Poor kid woke us up at about 4:30 this morning with a fever. Of course, we have no Motrin or Tylenol in the house. That would be too smart of a thing for us to do. So off to the pharmacy Wil did go, only to come home with the wrong stuff. Never send a man to the pharmacy to get ANYTHING. So back to the pharmacy Wil did go. And on the second try he got it right.

Jonas has been up ever since. Cranky, whiny, and just plain miserable, but with no obvious signs of a particular illness. Sure, he's snotty and all, but he's always snotty. It's hard to tell sometimes whether it's just allergies or something more.

He may just be teething. That's the great parent excuse for every mystery ailment, isn't it? Teething. It's the PMS of childhood.

A letter came in the mail yesterday from the mortgage company. Our interest rate is increasing once again. It's robbery, the amount of interest they're charging us on this house! Up until now, I've been working solo on getting ready for our re-finance, and it's been going incredibly slow because of it. But last night, after reading the new rate, Wil was ready to take on the world to get things done. So maybe, just maybe, he'll finish off the bathroom this weekend and start helping me do all the other little things we need to get done. Funny how my nagging and whining and asking for his help got me nowhere, but hit him in the wallet and I get almost instant results. Typical man.

Anyway, I'm coming along slowly on my shawl, and starting to consider yarns for a couple of baby blankets I need to start here soon. The shawl is beautiful, but I can't wait to start something that's a little less pattern intensive and mind-numbing. It's fun watching the little candle flames come together with each row, but it's also hard for me to work on with J-man around because you have to be so careful and focused.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a picture of J-man watching the trucks this morning. Forgive the state of the kitchen. It's early, ok?

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Vickie said...

I'm thinking he forgets he has a fever every time he's up on the counter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home