Thursday, January 26, 2006

OCD meme

otherwise known as the Five Weird Habits Meme. I pilfered this from Erin's blog and the only reason it's taken me so long to do it is because it's hard to narrow down the top five.

Here they are, in no particular order.

1. When I sleep at night I can't stand to have my feet under the blankets. Not so strange, I know, but the strange part is that, while I can't stand blankets over my feet, I also can't stand for my feet to be bare, so I always sleep in socks.

2. When I'm driving and I have to make a turn across traffic, whether pulling off a side street, or crossing from a turning lane, I have to roll the window down in order to judge the distance of the oncoming cars. Yeah, I know, the window really doesn't skew your view, but for some reason, I truly feel like I can't tell how far away things are unless I have an unobstructed view. It's this same thing that keeps me from tinting my windows and makes me avoid driving the hubby's car which doesn't have automatic windows.

3. Whenever we leave to go anywhere, whether just to the store at the end of the road or a long road trip, when I put Jonas in his carseat I have to kiss him and tell him I love him, just in case it's the last time I ever get to do so. It's not that I'm a terrible driver, or that I drive in constant fear of death, but you never know.

4. When using a public restroom, even though I'm certain that I locked the door, I still have to go back and check it a time or two, just to be sure. Even after I've commenced doing my business, I still keep an eye on that lock as if it's going to magically come unlocked and reveal me in a compromising position.

5. I can never make up my mind where to eat when dining out. If there were only one restaurant in town I'd be the happiest girl on earth, but since there are hundreds, the choices are just overwhelming. Seriously, I just can't decide. Usually Wil throws his arms up in despair and we end up somewhere that I don't particularly like, but I'd rather eat there than have to choose for myself.


Ok, so there are the top five. Feel free to share yours if you'd like, but I refuse to tag anyone with anything.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Erin said...

LMAO, #4 is SO me.

I'm absolutely convinced that somehow someone's going to manage to walk in on me. Yup, I pull lock watch - and I also, depending on where I am, balance precariously with my bare ass dangling above the seat - but I can't seem to make myself use those paper seat covers either...

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger me said...

Three kids, a mom, a dad, all enmeshed. No extended family. We were all we had growing up. Naturally, until a certain age, we all burst in on one another without knocking all the time, it seemed. 'Seemed like we were in a constant state of saying, "Heyyyyyyyyy!!! Occupado dipwad: my sister, brother and I."
Until a certain age. Ugh.

I'm a man. I admit it. When at someone's place or a washroom that's small enough - even after I've locked the door - I keep a hand on the door whilst going #1. But I don't watch the lock whilst engaged in #2. But it's similar. And now you know. Ugh.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Laura said...

see you live in the land o' warmth. i'd bet the whole window-rolling thing would ebb off in 20 degree weather.... :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Lol Mike! The funny part is, at home, or even at my parents house, I seem to have no problems assuming my position on the porcelain throne with the door wide open and having a conversation with someone. I guess it's just as you said, as a family, you get used to the intrusions/lack of privacy thing.

Erin, I can't use those paper things either. I think that more of us do the squat and hover than the line the seat thing, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home