Monday, March 06, 2006

Good News/Bad News

The good news is that Jonas is not hospitalized right now, as we thought he'd be due to his dehydration.

The bad news is- he's on three different meds now just to make it possible for him to eat and drink. One of them is a friggin narcotic.

So he's zonked- and probably will be for the next several days. But if that's what it takes to make him better, I guess I'm ok with that.

I just got of the phone with daycare. I was tempted to lay into them for accepting sick children and allowing it to spread like this, but you know, I guess it's not really their fault. I'd like to find the negligent parent that had the nerve to drop their kid off that way. We'd have a prayer meeting, for sure.

So, the breakdown-

Two doctor's visits- $30
Two bottles of children's motrin- $18
Three prescriptions- $86 (robbery!)
Two days of missed work- 20 hours of pay
The miserable condition of my child- beyond dollar value
Daycare missed- $50
Not to mention the gas, lost sleep, pedialyte, etc that we've gone through.

All because one parent was a complete moron.

Just one more reason I'm hell-bent to quit my job and keep my kid at home. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home