Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A New Child

I woke up to a new child this morning. Jonas is happy, active, bright-eyed. He's already consumed twice as much liquid as he has in the past several days, and despite refusing both chocolate (his favorite)pudding AND a milkshake, he did eat half a bowl of oatmeal. Hey, whatever works, right?

No fever today, he seems less painful, only putting his hand to his mouth occasionally. We're still holding off on juice and stuff that stings, but we're well on our way to feeling better. Heck, he hasn't even had his Codeine since about 5pm yesterday.

Of course, he's feeling better and I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Could just be the cooler weather last night, or the fact that Wil left the ceiling fan on, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that I've caught this crap. Yippie! Good thing I stocked up on popsicles and icecream. :)

In other news, we should be closing on our refi by the middle of next week. Paperwork is all in order, and we're just waiting on the title company to give us a date. Heh, work will love me taking some MORE time off to go to the closing. I begged Pat to push for Tuesday or Wednesday, since I'm off those days, anyway. We'll see what happens.

I'm so excited about this. It's like this whole world of possibilities is getting ready to unfold before me. MT courses, home repairs and renovations, the chance to stay at home with J and not subject him to any more funky germ-bag kids with low-class and inconsiderate parents. No more piles of bills sitting in the "need to be paid ASAP" stack with last week's date on them. Essentially all we'll be paying once this is done is the mortgage payment, the car insurance, and the phone and utilities. That's such a good feeling, after being bogged down underneath mistakes made so long ago.

There should be laws against giving 18 year old kids credit cards. Heck, there should be laws about giving 25 year old adults credit cards! But neither Wil nor I have used credit in the last six years, outside of the occasional unforseeable car repair/emergency purchase, which we promptly paid off. We've learned our lessons, I suppose.

Anyway, I've got laundry to put away, a kid to keep up with, a floor to sweep, and I'm working up a dinner plan. Nothing's going to get done with my butt planted in this chair.

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Erin said...

oh Ang, I hope you aren't getting it!

Super happy about the rest though. I'm sure it'll be WONDERFUL having the financial stress off of you, and more time with the little guy.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Laura said...

hey ang, what was that about our convo where you were rather pessimistic when I said he'd show improvement fast, like *bam*?

uh huh, okay :) So glad the tyke is doing better and things look up for you guys.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Yeah Laura, you were right. Amazing how quickly things turned around for him. :) Thanks for being the optimist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home