Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Goodness and the Never-ending Shawl

Happy Easter to those of you who might wander through these pages. Nothing exciting happening around here. We actually slept in until nearly 9 this morning. Oh! The Bliss of having a child who's not quite aware of the holidays yet.

Of course, he's already received more Easter goodies than he possibly could ever need or want.

We started on Thursday night making cupcakes for daycare the next day. Of course, Mommy was feeling lazy and instead of baking several batches in the one and only mini-muffin tin that I own, I decided that they'd be just fine if placed side by side on a cookie sheet. Well, anyone who has ever tried this can already tell you that they bake just fine, only they don't hold their cupcake shape at all. So, essentially, what came out of the oven was a large rectangular cake with paper lining on the bottom. They didn't make it to daycare, but Jonas had fun helping make them, and that was the important thing, I suppose. Here's a picture of him watching them cook.



Friday when we got home there was a package waiting for us from Nana. She sent him the coolest little tool box toy and, a really neat police car shaped basket, and the obligatory candy and stuffed chickens. He's been so in love with his tools that it's the only thing he's played with since Friday.





Then yesterday, while I was working, he went to an Easter party at the Eagles with Granny, Daddy Dave, Aunt Wendy and Cousin Steven. I don't have any pictures of that to share, but I've been told that he had a great time hunting eggs, eating cake, and following the Easter Bunny around the place from a safe distance. He wouldn't have anything to do with getting his picture taken- a few feet away from the six foot rabbit was close enough.

This morning he woke up to find that he had been visited by the Easter Bunny yet again, with a basket full of goodies. Way too much sugar for one child. I guess Mom and Dad will have to help him with that. :)

Today we'll go and visit with the grandparents, eat and be lazy. To me, that's what Easter is all about. Just a nice, lazy Sunday afternoon. And with my upcoming work week, I plan to take full advantage of every moment of laziness I can get.

In other news, I finally finished the shawl last night. Just when I thought it was never going to be done. So I missed my deadline of the Mother-in-law's birthday, but I made it just in time for Easter, so yay for me. Now to get started on the next project- baby blankets! Yippie! Here are a few pictures of the shawl. To give you an idea of size, those tiles are 18" square. And, while my camera isn't good enough to show much detail, I've provided a "zoom in" shot of the flames to show you what detail you can get.






Anway, y'all enjoy your holiday!

3 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger me said...

That young man's adorable. And you always seem to capture moments WE'D ~ALL~ like to have someday in a photo album someday of our children or wish we'd have or wanted to have appeared in ourselves, if any of this made sense. happy Easter, to you and yours, Ang! HUGS!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I'm so glad to see that shawl is finally done! It's a bugger, ain't it? :) Does Wil's mom know about it, or is it a surprise?
Jonas is so cute. Nana sent Aaron a basket, too, and he discovered a new love of SweetTarts. *grin*

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger westcoastmama said...

Oh...I love these Pics! I remember when my little guys used to look at the stove in anticipation just like that. *sigh* That was so long ago. Now they just open the door and ask, in their man voices "When's it gonna be ready, Ma?" lol...

The shawl is beautiful AND huge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home