Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Insert title here

Today Jonas and I decided to get out of the house for a little bit and play in the yard. I've been itching to get something green in the ground, but with the drought it's seemed pretty pointless. Despite my better judgement, we found ourselves in the garden center picking out a couple of plants.

I'll readily admit to being a terrible plant parent, allowing everything to die off from either under watering, over watering, or just plain old neglect, but I figured I'd give it a try, and perhaps by getting Jonas involved and making their care a part of our daily routine I'd do a better job than usual.

So we planted four different tomato plants, two basil plants and a pepper plant. Most of them went into pots that have been empty since the hurricanes nearly two years ago, the others into the front flower bed.

Here are a few pictures of Jonas helping me out. Yes, I know, the yard and what few plants I actually have look like something out of a horror movie, but I swear, I'm working on changing my ways.


Jonas waters... ummm... himself.


Dig, baby, dig.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger westcoastmama said...

Aww...look at the big guy go! lol I remember when the kids used to get more dirt on themselves than in the pots. *sigh*

I'm sure your plants will thrive, with a little help from Jonas ;-)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger me said...

I thought I saw a front move through the state on the weather maps at work today Angie. Hope youse got the rain you've needed! HUGS, Mike

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Nope, still no rain here. There were some clouds, which simply stifled the smoke and kept it low to the ground. Maybe tomorrow. We're going to the Friday Fest drum circle tomorrow night. Maybe we'll do a rain dance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home