Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Blink

Ask me how to spend an ungodly sum of money in the shortest time possible and I'll give you the name and number of the company that installed our new a/c yesterday. :)

Yes! We have cold air again! It's funny, though. We've been so long without it that now that we have it, it's COLD in here! I guess the body adapts to it's surroundings eventually.

So, new a/c yesterday, and I also registered for my Medical Transcription courses. I'm waiting, rather impatiently for them to send me my login info so I can get started. Yes, I know that Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm really itching to get started on it. They've got until tomorrow morning before I start sending harassing emails!

So, yesterday was productive. Today, not so much. J and I went to the store this morning for diapers, coffee, and milk- just the essentials. We can live comfortably for a week with just those three things, I think.

I never realized what a coffee snob I'd become until I woke up this morning and I was out of my Blue Mountain. Digging through the cabinets I came up with a can of Bustelo, which used to be my favorite, back before I had the fancy coffee pot with the grinder. Don't get me wrong here, Bustelo is good coffee. Dark, ground to nearly a powder. But it's better brewed as espresso than it is percolated. My coffee experience this morning was lackluster, to put it nicely.

Heidi stopped by earlier, too. She had been to the vet with her kitties and Kelly sent her out of there with a bag of fresh tomatoes for me. God I miss her. That's been the hardest part of not working, and she was the only person I cried over when leaving. She's been so wonderful to me for all of these years. Not having her around all day is difficult. I miss her particular brand of humor and her quirky comments and just her friendship in general. I'll have to call her in a little bit and thank her. She grows some of the most delicious tomatoes I've ever eaten. They rival my Daddy Dean's in size and sweetness. All throughout season she'd bring in bags full each morning and we'd have tomato sandwiches for breakfast- heavy on the pepper, with Miracle Whip- the juice running down our hands like a bunch of slobs.

That's what I had for lunch just now- and it was like swallowing a little piece of heaven.

And so, Jonas is taking his awefully late nap. I just got an email from Dr. T's wife inviting me to the next Mom's club meeting. And I've also found that Jacob's wife is involved with them too. (Like I expect you guys to know who Jacob is!) He was one of Wil's groom's men in our wedding and since then we've sort of lost touch with each other. Maybe this will be a way for us to reconnect. Lord knows that Wil could use a friend just as much as I could.

This has been just another ramble. Think I'll go work on cleaning out J's toybox now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home