Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It makes me wanna wag my tail

There's something about getting a package in the mail! Especially when it's for no reason in particular.

Today a package came from Amanda. Here's what was inside. :)



Does she know my kid, or what?

The yarn is a fabulous purple/green/blue/white cotton yarn. I'm just itching to know what I'm supposed to turn it into. The note inside the package said it would be explained once I got it. After an hour under the spotlight, it's still not talking.

Thanks Amanda, it's awesome!

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Why, they're for cool Florida socks, of course! Or anything else you care to knit with them. Grab the end of one of those balls--see how stretchy? Neato, huh? Makes for comfy anything, I imagine.
If you want to make socks with it, use size US4-6 needles and a sock pattern that calls for DK weight yarn (a step between worsted and sock). I can send you some links. . . *grin* Oh, and one ball is enough for one regular length sock--or two footies! Here's a pattern for footies, btw.
Enjoy! And send us a picture of Jonas in his new duds (that picture with the Puppy is SO cute!).

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I also just read your subject line & laughed out loud! :)

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ooh! Fun footies! That's one of my concerns with the croc socks. The yarn I'm using isn't very stretchy, and while I'm doing the larger size, I'm still afraid that it'll be too small. I guess I'll just have to find someone with a smaller foot to give them to.
I tried getting a picture of J in the shirt, but he moves so much that I couldn't get a clear shot!
Glad you liked the title. I figured you'd get it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home