Monday, October 30, 2006

J-man (doesn't) carve pumpkins.

My son is a bit obsessive-compulsive about things like dirty hands and untied shoes, so it came as no surprise that he refused to touch pumpkin guts today. He was braver than I thought he'd be, though. He sat watching me dig them out with my hands and repeated "Punkin... eeewwwww!" with every squishy handful. And I was able to get him to at least dig around with a spoon, so he took part, at least in a small way, with carving his pumpkins.

I probably should have just given him a paintbrush and some paints and let him decorate them how he wanted, but I guess I'm a traditionalist when it comes to halloween pumpkins.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You want me to stick my hand in there?!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's not so bad with the spoon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Meet my friend, Jack.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And Mommy made me a Blue's Clues Punkin, too!

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Very cute pumpkins! And you know, my nephew was the SAME way. There were pumpkin guts all over the floor, and he stepped in a little with his barefoot and about had a FIT. The closest he got was digging in it with the spoons. LOL. Too funny.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Cute Blue's Clues pumpkin, Ang! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home