Friday, December 22, 2006

Some Friday FOs

Yeah, ok, so you non-knitterly readers have no idea what that is. But that's ok, I'll show you. :)

I have a lot of things I'd like to post, but they are for folks that I know read here, and so they will have to wait until after Monday to grace these pages. I'm sure you're all terribly upset about that.

But no worries, I can show you these for now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For the past two years my mother-in-law has complained that she can't find kitchen towels with the little hangy-thing. You know, the kind that you can attach to the handle of the fridge, or the stove, or whatever. I've never personally found them to be superiorly useful, and I guess the rest of America agrees with me, since there are none to be had in the commercial sense. So, I whipped one up for her, and I rather like the way it turned out. It's a pattern found on the net, and if I weren't so damn lazy, I'd find it for you, but it's a simple design, perfect for working on during all sorts of other activities- cooking, chasing a rabid two-year-old, whatever.

The washcloth next to it was going to be for her as well, but it wasn't until I took this picture that I see that it's screaming to go to my parents. I mean, it has their initial on it and everything. If that had been intentional, or even noticed, I would have done more to make sure it was centered. I'm not in love with the colors on either of these, but hey, it's not like they're going to be worn out in public. And the hangy-towel isn't terrible. I'd actually use that yarn for something else, I think.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look! I finally finished J's little blue socks! I think these have spent more time on the needles than any other project I've ever done. It's not that they're so difficult. I mean, 3x2 ribbing and a short row heel and toe. Pretty simple, but I just couldn't make myself finish them. Hopefully I've finished them in enough time for him to get a wear or two out of them before they're outgrown. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Meet Captain Oatmeal! Guardian of breakfast!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even superheroes get sleepy.

That's it for now. I'm off to work. Y'all have a great day, a wonderful weekend, and a Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

saw you there at Erin's. just stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas.

~ James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home