Friday, December 15, 2006

You will not

drag me, kicking and screaming, into the future of the technological world. I just won't do it.

Ok, so I'm just one of those people who likes things left just the way they are. Even if there's something better out there that'll make my life easier in the long run, I'm not interested. I know how this thing works, and I can work it well. Don't ask me to do it differently. Don't ask me to change mid-way through. I like consistency, bland, familiar. I could probably eat mashed potatoes three meals a day for the rest of my life and be content because I'd know what to expect and I would have to make any decisions.

So now, for two days in a row blogger won't let me publish comments on anyone's blog that I visit. I know it probably has to do with the new beta version and the fact that everyone seems to be switching over. Me, I just don't see the point in it. Why throw out a perfectly good and comfortable pair of shoes just because there's a new model on the shelf?

So, yes, I haven't upgraded, don't want to. Maybe that's just be being dumb and short-sighted. So what? But now blogger won't let me comment at all. Some tech monkey is sitting there sipping his Starbucks overpriced and bitter latte and laughing at me, I'm sure, but I'm just paranoid enough to believe that it's not allowing me just so that I'll give in and upgrade.

A similar thing happened when Gretchen first updated her blog, but I could still post anonymously. Now, even as anonymous, it won't let me. Ugh.

Please don't force me to step out of my comfort zone. Anyone else out there having a similar problem?

9 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Honestly? The only change I've noticed is how I log in. That's it. And it makes it a PITA when I want to comment on someones page because instead of being able to log in right there, I have to click the link "Sign in with Beta Blogger" and wait for it to redirect me so I can sign in.

*pout*

Oh, but back to your blog. (hehe) I LOVE new gadgets and gizmos and programs. :D

(You sound like my MOM! <--refuses to get rid of her VHS, audio TAPES, and refuses to learn how to type and use a computer)

LOL.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Laura said...

i haven't switched to beta... and so far no problems. are you sure it's not something else?

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I'm not that bad Yvonne! I mean, I do know how to use a computer, and I'm pretty good at figuring things out, but I just don't have a beef with the way blogger works and don't see any benefit in the upgrade that makes me want to do it.

Guess it was just a bad computer day for me, as I can now comment and do whatever else I want with no problems. I fully believe there's a little gremlin dude living inside my CPU and he's a sadistic little bastard. :)

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger me said...

I have not had that problem that I know of, hon. But thank you for your persistence and trying until you could! I so love that! That and the mashed potato thinger and loving consistency and whatnot. HUGS, Angie! :-) Happy Holiday!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I haven't had any problems, yet, but I'm not quite ready to switch, either. I think it's the "you can't switch back" thing that's scaring me. LOL!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Erin said...

If it makes you feel better (or less lonely maybe?) I haven't switched, and I can't - most of the time - comment on anyone's who has switched. Every once in a while the tech monkey lets me, just to fuck with my head...

I resisted switching until a few weeks ago. Then I decided to take the plunge - and it told me I can't beecause I have SO many blogs on my dashboard, and they haven't switched, and so, I am stuck, unswitched and beta-less. Bastard tech-monkies. I will probably never be able to switch over because I'll never get all those other people to switch. And I can't even unjoin them, I have to like, email them and ask them to remove me, and that sort of feels rude...

*sigh*

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

The comment thing must just be with us southern bloggers or something. (With the exception of Eve--she must just be special.)

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone E. Good to see you out and about in blogland.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"some tech monkey is sitting there sipping his Starbucks overpriced and bitter latte and laughing at me"

Oh yes, those terrible tech monkeys..!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Hi Jimmy! Good to see you around. Are y'all ready for the insanity that will be Dylan's first Christmas?

Hugs to you, my sweet friend.

Angie

BTW, I have a feeling that you are my laughing tech monkey. Go ahead, tell me I'm a moron when it comes to computers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home