Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bah Humbug!

If only we could all express our emotions as well as Bumper!




Well, we got the tree up finally. It really is a Charlie Brown sort of thing, all lopsided and gaudy. But hey, Jonas thinks it's cool and that's really all that matters. I'm trying my hardest to get into the Christmas spirit. I'm even in the process of knitting some replacement stockings for our cheap store-bought ones. But I'm just not there yet mentally. Of course, this is typical behavior for me, and I'll catch the bug just in time to do some last minute shopping and feel crappy about not starting before. The good news is that for once in my life I actually know what I'm getting most of the people on my list. There are a few that I'm still on the fence about, but I've got decent ideas for them. And as for the hand-knit goodies. Bah! What's done will be given, the rest will be New Year's gifts... or at least will be given some time during the new year.

Now to try and get J into something cute and posed smilingly in front of the tree. Gotta get those Christmas cards made and sent this week.

3 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

We tried to get a good picture for Christmas cards today, but it just wouldn't happen. *sigh* I love your little tree! We're not doing a tree this year since we are headed back so early, but I have an ornament tree up--just a tabletop metal display thing with lots of curlycues on it to hang ornaments from--to get into the spirit. I'm slow moving on that front this year, too. :|

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Amanda, your tabletop thing sounds neat. I think I'd rather have one of those than this goofy old tree. :) Considered a real tree for a day or two, but then thought about the cats and changed my mind.
I feel ya on the picture thing. I must have spent three hours yesterday just trying to get J to stand in front of the tree, much less smile! I finally got one that will have to be the winner since my sanity is in jeopardy!

We'll miss y'all at Christmas.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh! I want a cute J card!!!!!!

I was really missing you on Saturday *sigh* but I actually, really blogged about it and took pictures and everything so you can see what I mean. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home