Sunday, November 26, 2006

Leaving

In about 48 hours J and I will be on an airplane heading for Memphis. Have I ever mentioned to you how much I hate traveling and all the stuff that goes along with it? Sure, the destination is great, but it takes a week of stress to get ready, two days to get over the post-travel jetlag, and then you have about an hour to enjoy yourself before you have to start making sure you've got everything organized so that it'll fit back in your suitcase so that you can travel once again. Blech!

And, of course, nothing can possibly go easily in this family. So, my flight leaves at something like 1:30 in the afternoon. Chosen so that no one had to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get us to the airport, and because it was during J's nap time (yes, I'm silly enough to hope that he might sleep through the flight). Now there's the fiasco that Wil can't get off of work, so if he's to take us we'll have to leave for the airport at something like 5:30 in the morning. And my sister has to work, as do all of my friends, and I am most certainly NOT going to pay to park my car at the airport for a week! So, what's a girl to do? Yep, we had to go and book a taxi service. Almost $100 later (and yes, that's cheaper than parking my car at the airport) I've got a ride to Orlando. That went and made up for the cheapness of the airline tickets.

I swear, I guess I'm just not destined to travel at all! It seems like every time I make travel plans something always has to go to shit-- remember the Barnhenge flight problems?

That's it! Anyone who wants to visit with me or the J-man from here on out must do so by coming here!

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Man, you'd think karma would cut you a break once in awhile, huh? Yeesh! I hope the flight is smooth and you enjoy your time in Memphis. Say hi to everyone for us. (If you happen to see Memaw, let her know we'll be in town mid-Dec!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home