Saturday, November 18, 2006

Let the video begin: Now with handy translation!!

Just trying out my new camcorder here. We all got a real kick out of this. Jonas is really starting to develop a sense of humor and it's usually directed towards me. Listen closely to what he says. The child knows and understands my addictions! :)

Sorry if the image is crappy/dark and not well edited. I'm still figuring all of this stuff out and I don't really have a lot of video editing software.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Ok, so I realize that not everyone can speak and interpret J-manese as well as I can. Heck, I even have to translate for Dada occasionally. So, without actually listening to the video while I type this out, here's a translation.

J: Moo!
Me" Jonas, what does a cow eat?
J: Grass
Me: Very good! What does Dada eat?
J: Eggs
Me: What does Mama eat?
J: (laughing) Coffee pot! (more laughter)

Coffee pot is what he calls my coffee, which he sees me carrying around all day. Not sure why it's "coffee pot" and not just "coffee", but it probably has something to do with the fact that he likes to help push the button and turn it on every morning.

6 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I can't make it out!! I've replayed this thing a billion times, even put my headphones with the volume up! I need a toddler to English translator!!!

AHHHHH!

But Angie, he is just too CUTE! I love his little laugh! And your voice... you sound NOTHING like I expected. LOL.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Eve said...

Thanks for the translation! I got all of it except for the coffee pot part. ;) TOO FUNNY! LOL.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Hmmm... wondering what you expected me to sound like. It's funny, isn't it? The pictures of people that we drawn in our heads. :)

I figured everyone would need a translation. Every kid seems to develop their own language and only a mother can interpret it sometimes.

Amazingly, when we went to Barnhenge and visited Doug and Laura, they seemed to have no problem figuring out what he was saying... but to be fair, he was only saying maybe a dozen words then.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Eve said...

HAHAHA. I just rewatched it and I could pick it out this time. Very cute.

Coffee pot? haha

Yeah, I agree with you that only the people closest to the kids would really understand what they're saying. I can't wait for Anthony to start talking. :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

It won't be long at all!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I told D about this from our conversation, he laughed for a WHILE on that. Now, I can show him the video --yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home