Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankfulness and the birthday that doesn't stop.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wow! It's been such a busy week with me going back to work that I haven't had time to blog at all.

I was going to follow in Erin's footsteps and write some mushy wonderful post elaborating on all of the things that I'm thankful for, in honor of the holiday. But J will be waking up soon (I can't believe he hasn't already!) and when that happens, my blog time will be over.

And so, I'll tell you this: I feel like one of the most fortunate people in the world. I have great friends, a wonderful home, a job that (for the most part) fits my needs, a family that I adore. I have a heart full of love. Throughout the past year I've been blessed to share in the lives of so many people, every one of them important and precious. Every one of them leaving their own unique stamp on my own. I've been able to feel sorrow, absolute joy, and everything in between. I've made friends in places I never knew I would.

I couldn't be more thankful if I tried.

For those of you who read here, thank you for sharing with me, at least in some small part, a part of your life. You mean the world to me.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!


And in the never-ending birthday roundup...

This has truly been the birthday that never ends. I've had goodies of one sort or another trickling in all week- messages, cards, e-mails. I've been very very spoiled!

So, you all know that my parents gave me a new camcorder a few weeks ago. So look at what my sweet hubby brought home on Monday!



Up until now (and including the above picture) I've had a true dinosaur of a digital camera. It was big, heavy, and bulky. It had a tiny and very scratched LCD screen (We're talking less than an inch!) It was a 3 megapixel thing that, when first purchased all those years ago was top of the line. I had convinced myself that it was adequate, despite the fact that all of my pictures were either dark, blurry, or pixelated. Wil saw through me, though.

This new one is amazing! It's 7.2 megapixel and the images are amazingly clear and crisp. Here, let me show you:


This was taken in a mostly dark room, at arms-length, and is of a squirming J-man and me. (Ignore the bags under my eyes-- It was a long day at work!) Sweet, right?

Then, I came home from work last night to find some more birthday lovliness waiting for me in my mailbox. I knew what was inside the minute I held it in my hands. There's no mistaking the squishy wonderfulness of yarn! And not just any yarn, mind you. No, Amanda went and spoiled me rotten with this:



Delcious Koigu KPPPM! I can't begin to describe to you the wonderfulness that is this yarn. The colors, the softness! In this town/county where Red Heart rules, it's impossible to find anything of this quality. Oh, and it's all mine! I rarely, if ever, make anything all for myself, but sorry, this little bit of luxury is just for me. Now to find the perfect pattern.

Thank you Amanda and family!

And now, off to rustle up some breakfast and get to work around the house. We're not doing the traditional Thanksgiving feast this year, but we'll probably grab a couple of Turkey subs later and veg in front of the tv. Hope you all stuff yourselves silly.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Congrats on the camera--way to go, Wil! :)
I'm so glad you liked the yarn. I was a little unsure on the color (I'm not sure what your favorites are), but I sort of got the impression that you're like me and like a little bit of everything. The fiery reds reminded me of you. *wink* I figured it'd be perfect for socks, lace, gloves, a scarf or something equally as wonderful! Have fun & happy birthday. (and Happy Thanksgiving!)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I have your cybershot's little brother. ;) All I have to say about it is MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR RECEIPT AND WARRENTY INFO. Heh.

On the other side: Oooooooooooh! NICE!

Now you have NO excuses!

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I suck, as usual, and missed your birthday... I'm sorry. Again. I'm happy to see that you got good stuff though, and feel loved, and that everyone else remembered lol. That camera does look like something I'd love to play with lol, I bet I could take some kick ass pictures of people with their heads cut off with that! (no really, I still chop people's heads off)

Hope your trip isn't as stressful as it sounds like it could be! Love you
~E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home