Monday, January 22, 2007

Maybe

Just when I thought I'd gotten stuff somewhat figured out, I get a notice in the mail that my mortgage payment is going up by about $100 a month due to a shortage in my escrow. Bastards. I mean, honestly! I can't even figure out where the shortage came from. Our insurance didn't go up too much, nor did our property tax, so why such a huge shortage. Of course, I shouldn't complain. I know other folks that are in the same situation and had to come up with multiple thousands all at once.

So, what does a girl do when she's broke and grumpy? She goes and buys new curtains for the livingroom. (I know, real responsible of me.)I've lived in this house, or at least owned it for damn near ten years and haven't gotten around to putting up anything other than some mini blinds that are seriously in need of replacing. So now I have lovely burgandy tab top curtains to block the sight of my portly neighbor woman showering. Yay.

On the way home from the store, driving south, about 5:15 pm I suddenly realize that this long and familiar stretch of road is eerily empty for rush-hour, as if some cosmic law of Karma was giving me a little bit of payback. No traffic in a spot that's usually crawling along bumper to bumper! And the sky... wow! Sun preparing to set off to the west, big bank of storm clouds looming in the east, and there, directly in front of me, a wide swatch of incredible blue with the setting sun reflecting pink and orange off the clouds.

It was just enough of a perk to make me think that, yes, maybe things are going to be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home