Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yawn

Well, I've done pretty well with my not-a-resolution plan for getting my transcription courses finished on time. Of course, that means that I've been neglecting other areas of my life--like laundry and cooking. But would I be raising my child in a traditional American way if I didn't fill his belly with fast food and garbage on a regular basis?

Actually, on the J front, we've had a major tastebud breakthrough this week. While spending time with Granny he decided to taste a bit of her salad. Now, we've tried veggies, and salads, of all sorts in the past. All have been met with dramatic gagging and spitting. But this time, he decided it was "crunchy good" and managed to consume quite a large amount. Around midnight, his new gastronomic explorations came back to haunt him and much music was made from the nether regions. :)

Since then, he's been hooked. So, along with his packaged, processed crap dinners, he's had a salad almost every day since. Sweet!

There's been no knitting all week. Oh! How my fingers have ached for the needles, but I held fast in my resolve to spend my free time glued to the keyboard and headphones. I finally sat down today and did a single measley repeat on one of my lace scarves. I love the pattern, and will share it with you all very soon. Almost done!

I also treated myself to a haircut this week as a reward for my hard work. It had been more than 9 months since my last one and I was looking something like Cousin It on a bad day. Now it's a bit shorter, and a bit more manageable. Genetics were not kind to me in the hair department, giving me straight and heavy hair underneath topped by a layer of uncontrolable frizz and wave. No one ever knows quite what to do with it when I go for a haircut. I always get the no frills trim with the slight layering. It's boring, but it's an improvement.

Next week is my last week of extra shifts at work and I couldn't be happier about that if I tried. It's been a difficult couple of weeks and I'm ready for a break.

And that's the report from 'round here. *yawn*

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I dig that Morrison quote.

I quoted Jim on the cover of Flowers & Vortexes Two.

"Break on through to the other side."

Be well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home