Thursday, January 04, 2007

Whatchoo lookin' at?


We may be making great progress on the potty training, but table manners are going to take a while.

What is it about kids and ketchup? Jonas loves it so much that he'd eat it on his cereal if I'd let him. We've officially dubbed it a vegetable in our house, and that makes us feel less guilty about the mass quantities that he consumes.

I made a promise to myself- not a resolution, because I don't DO resolutions- to get more serious about my medical transcription courses. I vowed to get up two hours earlier on my days off so that I could get some work done before J wakes up and still save his nap time for other important things, like knitting. Well, we all know that hasn't happened, right? Me? Wake up early? Yeah, right.

But I have managed to get back into the swing of things, much to the dismay of my lace scarf that is aching to be finished. Hey, occasionally I have to get my priorities straight.

So, if there's a lack of knitting content here for a while, it's not because I've lost my love for it, or because I don't have a cabinet brimming with lovely yarn to play with. It's simply because being back at the clinic makes me realize all the reasons I left in the first place and I'm anxious to get the heck out again. Besides, is there anything sweeter than getting to quit the same job twice?

We're going to break in the new fancy-schmancy grill tonight. It almost seems sinful to use such a fine and fancy piece of equipment for something as mundane as a hamburger, but ground beef is what we've got, and so it's what we're gonna use.

I've yearned for a grill for the last 5 years or more, always giving up the desire for things more practical- like new walls in the shower, a tile floor, a spoiled child... whatever. Now that I have one, and have had it since the week before Christmas, I haven't had a chance to play with it. I can't wait.

In other not-so-exciting news... J and I went shopping today to find him a new pair of shoes since his old ones were starting to gnaw at his toes. Target had a great clearance sale going on and I picked up two pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals for him. I also found a neat pair of clogs for myself for $4! How can you resist a comfy pair of shoes that cost less than a Happy Meal? Now I'm dying to cast on for a pair of cool socks to wear with them. Oh! The agony of not having enough hours in the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home