Thursday, January 18, 2007

I must be insane

because yesterday, on a whim, I cast on for this.

It all started by looking for a quick pattern to knit up a hat for J's little girlfriend's birthday this weekend. When I came across this my mind came to a screeching hald and said "Wait! You have some pink and white yarn in your stash, and this is perfect for it!" Then the voices in my head started taunting me... "Look at that adorable little ruffle!" "You know, it won't be too hard if you just take it one line at a time." "You could finish it in a weekend!"

And the sensible side of me said "Pssst... You've got TWO lace scarves to finish, and you're supposed to be doing school work right now!"

Like any true knitter would, I stuffed a half finished sock in Ms. Sensible's mouth and picked up the needles.

The funny part is, I don't even know if I have a recipient for it! I only have enough yarn to make the smallest size, which is 6-9 months. Hopefully it'll finish big and it'll be a perfect valentine's gift for my sister's daughter. She's such a chunk, though, that I'm afraid I'll end up with a really cute shirt for someone's baby doll.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, but it is soooooo adorable! A true knitter you have become, yessssss.... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home