Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's all over except the seaming


I finished off the last bit of knitting on Emily's valentine sweater this afternoon. All that's left to do is sew in the sleeves and seam up the sides. I'll get around to it tomorrow. Don't know what it is about seaming, but I absolutely loathe doing it. I'm probably not alone on that, am I?

This is the cutest little pattern, and I have enough of the pink yarn leftover to make a little pair of socks to go with it.

When I started this, it was using yarn from my stash, and I went with the smallest size, which is designed for 6-9 months because I wouldn't have enough yarn to make anything bigger. Well, go figure, I ran out of yarn anyways, and ended up having to go get more. I couldn't stand the idea of frogging the whole thing and starting over on a larger size, so I hope that this fits the little chunk it was intended for.

The yarn is Bernat Satin in seashell and white. Yes, cringe. It's acryllic. But it is soft and not scratchy at all, and I'll make sure that Emily knows to stay away from open flames while wearing it. :)

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! And you knit it up so quickly. Makes me wish I knew a baby girl I could knit one up for. Nice job.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Okay, now THAT makes me want to cuss, too. *grin* Just so, SO darling!
And I chuckled at the open flame comment. :)

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Eve said...

That looks AWESOME! Great job Angie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home