Sunday, February 04, 2007

Oh Blogger! Why do you torment me?

I've blissfully been ignoring the requests to switch to the new blogger for quite some time, but today was the end of the line. It would not let me log in unless I acquiesced to it's evil game. And so, here I am, giving in to the technological beast and upgrading.

Not sure what all the excitement is about. I mean, I'm not all that impressed with the new stuff, but whatever. I guess eventually we all have to give in and accept change, right?

Not a whole lot has been happening around casa Martinez, and so I haven't had much to blog about.

I finally got Emily's sweater mailed yesterday, and so she stands a chance of getting a wear or two out of it before she outgrows it-- assuming she hasn't already. And that is the hard part of knitting for babes, isn't it?

Following the recent buzz, I too decided to knit calorimetry.
True to what everyone else seems to be reporting, if knit to pattern it is huge! I even went down a needle size to see if that helped. Nope, still huge. But, since I used some leftover wool to make my first, I'll simply felt it a bit and it should be just fine.

And because I'm not one to give up that easily, I decided to make a second, again on the smaller needle, and casting on 20 fewer stitches. The end product was much more of a success. I used up some yarn given to me as a christmas gift. It's probably not a color I would have ever bought myself, but it's not horrible. I'm thinking of using the rest to make a pair of matching handwarmers. Sitting at the computer I always get cold, and between the two, I might stand a chance of avoiding an actual freeze.

Here's a picture of the smaller finished product, modeled by yours truly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today, because we felt like being lazy, we took a nice drive north, scouting out an actual yarn shop. I had heard rumors that one existed in town, and had even found an address for it, but had never actually confirmed it's presence. And so, with a little hunting, we did indeed find it. Alas, it's closed on Sundays. But now that I know exactly where it is, I'm sure I'll find opportunity to visit again.

We ate a quick lunch at Panera, where Jonas delighted in dunking his sandwich in my soup. Hey, whatever it takes to get him to eat!

Afterwards, we drove some more, visiting a neighborhood that I've been in love with ever since first discovering it about 5 years ago. It's one of the rare instances where the builders took nature into consideration and left the trees alone. The streets are canopied by massive oaks, and there was just something so exhilirating about being able to drive through them, kicking up little leaf tornadoes in our wake. We found two houses for sale in there, and were surprised at how inexpensive they were. They're not huge by any stretch of the imagination, but they're adorable, have nice landscaping, and there's even a small community park, complete with playground for the J-man. Man! I would give just about anything to move in there tomorrow! And so, my hopes of possibly moving from our crackerjack house have been renewed again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger me said...

~THIS~ should be your profile picture, Ang.

*hugs!*

and happy Tuesday!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, I've got to knit one of those. I've been holding out, but no longer. We'll see what I come up with yarn-wise tomorrow.
p.s. Have not been ignorning you. Bloglines is being a bitch. Wonder if it has anything to do with everyone switching to the "new" Blogger?

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

It'll take you all of an hour- two if you're trying to do something else at the same time. :)

No worries. It probably is a new blogger thing. I'm not impressed one bit. And I'm having more trouble than ever trying to upload pictures. Ugh!

Off to work. Yippie!

Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home